To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
641 South Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
- Stephanie Zahirovic
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Sales Associate
Gordon Food Service • Louisville, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Work/Life balance - We offer the best schedule in retail!
Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 12PM - 5PM (Stay open one hour later during summer months)
Location: 641 S. Hurstbourne, Louisville, KY 40222
Pay: $14.50 - 15/hr (based on experience)
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 176 stores are the primary supplier for many small food service operators , families, non-profit organizations , caterers and so much more!
Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry!
- We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter
- We have several leaders that began as Team Leaders!
Benefits after 30 days!
- You take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
- 10% off your purchases!
As a LEAD STORE ASSOCIATE, you are on your way to increased responsibility and future growth into leadership opportunities! LEAD STORE ASSOCIATES have a PASSION for customer service, are DETAIL-ORIENTED for stocking and inventory management, and are SKILLED in operating point of sale and maintaining Store conditions. Develop LEADERSHIP skills while aiding in supervising sales associates in the performance of their assigned duties.
As part of leadership, our Lead Store Associates:
- Help complete daily Store operations and tasks for the day
- Open and close the Store
- Maintain merchandise - product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, ensure product quality
- Provide exceptional customer service - building relationships, problem-solving, building sales
- Cash handling - bank deposits, getting change for cashiers, setting and counting down registers
- Keep up with reporting to support sales, earnings, and minimizing shrink
- Help build and train the team!
- Safely operate power equipment, such as slicing equipment, walkie lifts and forklifts where applicable
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
- Have 1-2 years of retail experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Retail supervisory experience (preferred)
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old (required)
- Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a hair drug screen and criminal background check
- You must maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record per GFS policy
- The ability to read/write, and communicate in English is required; additional language skills are valued!
- Basic math and computer skills will be required
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Note: Please make sure you use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening in the process.
Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry:
There's a seat at our table for you...