For over 140 years, our client has contributed to a sustainable future by applying innovative technologies to value creation. Today, their business domains center on energy, social infrastructure, electronic devices and digital solutions, all essential supports for modern life and society.
The primary purpose of the Transportation Coordinator position is to manage truck shipments, intermodal shipments, and shipper and carrier communication, problem-solving and order management – on time delivery.
Job Type: Full-time
- Daily management and coordination of shipments with both shippers/warehouse and carriers.
- Establish and coordinate schedule with carrier and monitor/or tender shipments.
- Track and trace all shipments and load status.
- Proactively identify problems and swiftly implement the appropriate solution and consult the problem with managers.
- Confirm rates with carriers.
- Responsible for cost containment of shipment.
- Evaluate shipments, consolidate loads, select the most cost-effective method of delivery.
- Lane analysis required in order to select most appropriate mode.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Manage shipper and carrier relationships.
- Freight auditing.
- Degree preferred but will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works well under pressure and stress.
- Team player with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy and performance level.
- Good attitude.
- Mostly seated/desk job.
- Light lifting of file boxes and folders.
- Experienced skill in MS Office Suite especially Excel.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Entry Level, Entry-Level, Recent Graduate, College Graduate, No Experience,