To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10036
- Addison Group
- Phone: 646-385-7877
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Addison Group • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
A midtown law firm seeks experienced candidate for General Ledger Operations Manager position. This position reports directly to the Controller/ Director of Financial Operations and Reporting. The General Ledger Operations Manager supervises three staff accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The General Ledger Operations Manager will have contact with senior-level Attorneys and the firm’s Executive Director and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Manage general ledger operations including month end close to ensure accuracy of balance sheet and PL reporting.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Maintain Partner accounts including partner distributions, draws, business capital and fringe benefits.
- Prepare and review internal balance sheets and expense account work papers including prior year and budget variance analyses.
- Manage the external interim and year-end financial audit process.
- Elite 3E projects (including but not limited):
- Active role in upcoming Elite 3Econversion including training on use of Xcelerate software for internal financial reporting.
- Paris office ledger and intercompany reporting and integration of foreign branch office in Elite 3E multi-currency platform.
- Prepare new documentation of general ledger procedures and internal controls.
- Prepare partnership NYS Sales and NYC Occupancy tax returns.
- Support Controller with special projects, including but not limited to, for including external industry surveys and other quarterly reporting, office renovation/fixed asset accounting, fiscal partnership returns and cash flow forecasting.
Education/Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, from an accredited college required.
- 5-7+ years of financial accounting experience.
- Law Firm experience required.
- Highly proficient in the following programs: Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), elite Enterprise (Elite 3E preferred).
- Prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area preferred.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- CPA preferred.
- Solid reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work individually as well as on a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Detailed orientated.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and meet project deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- French language skills a plus.