With minimal supervision, the On-Site Manager manages a crew of warehouse personnel, manages customer relations, and is responsible for all aspects of operations of the warehouse location, including the location P&L, human resources activity, and payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages customer relationship(s) for sites Relogistics services from that location
- Sets shift/operating schedule in conjunction with Regional Operations Manager to best service the local customer(s)
- Recruits, develops, and manages employees on one or more shifts at a customer location
- Ensures company policies regarding HSE and HR are followed in conjunction with federal, state, and local employment law
- Manages employee relations issues, locally, in conjunction with Corporate HR team
- Analyzes site data to make continuous improvements in operational excellence
- Other duties as assigned
- This position will fully manage a crew of warehouse personnel, including general laborers and forklift drivers. Crews may work multiple shifts, and can range in size from three to twenty-five employees. In larger sites, On-Site Managers are responsible for recruiting and developing Shift Leads to manage their respective shifts.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required
- 5+ years applicable experience, preferably in manufacturing, supply chain/logistics, or distribution environments
- 3+ years in a supervisory role
Experience in small, start-up organizations helpful
Must be able to speak, read, and write in English fluently. Spanish fluency is a plus in many locations. Excellent oral and written communication skills needed. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business publications, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural instruction manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Willingness to work through employee relations issues.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Forklift certifications required. Must possess a valid driver’s license to allow for travel to various company locations, if required by the company.
Other Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing HR practices. Proficient in use of MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required. Expected to be comfortable with technology, generally. Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization as well as to visitors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location- ear protection is mandated in several locations, and all employees in those locations are required to wear it when in the production areas
- Eye protection must be worn while in the production areas of all locations
- Appropriate work clothing is required including long pants and safety shoes
This is a full time exempt position, offering a competitive salary with benefits. Plus, additional Bonus potential. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, a matching 401(k) Plan, and Paid Vacation.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER, SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND RESUME