The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for partnering with internal customers (management and supervisory staff) to develop value-added human resource solutions, and act as point of contact with employees on human resource issues. Key responsibilities include performing and delivering various human resource functions and programs including recruitment and selection, employee relations, performance management, professional development, salary and wage administration, and health and safety.
Major Areas of Performance
● Maintain consistent HR practices and the interpretation of policy and legislation
● Administer and interpret company policies and procedures. Keep abreast of current employment law (.i.e. EEOC, DOL) and suggest changes to policy as appropriate.
● Identify improvement opportunities for more effective management practices, and partner with internal customers to achieve desired results
● Provides guidance to supervisors/managers regarding employee relations issues such as disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans and terminations
● Act as a point of contact to address human resources related questions and concerns from staff and line management
● Partner with management to ensure recognition programs are effective and used appropriately
● Address complaints and conduct investigations as necessary relating to sexual harassment, ADA accommodation, discrimination, etc.
● Work with HR team to provide reporting and analysis on HR-related data as required.
● Assist the Organizational Effectiveness Director with the performance management system, which may include supervisor/manager training on current processes and timelines etc.
● Review and suggest salary and personnel changes, ensuring compliance with the process and payroll timelines
● Assist with changes to and communication of job descriptions, compensation and benefits initiatives
● Work with Human Resources team to ensure accurate tracking of employee professional development progress, the notification of employees of upcoming training opportunities, and assist with course registration and respond to general course enquiries
● Assist the Operations team with the development and implementation of safety programs and monitor their effectiveness. Participate on health and safety committees and/or ensure the committees are operational and adhering to applicable legislative requirements
● Working with the Human Resources team monitoring worker's compensation claims and injury reports and coordinate return to work programs
● Work closely with the HR team to provide assistance on critical needs, coordinate corporate initiatives, and share best practices.
● Other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned
● Bachelors Degree OR the equivalent years of experience. PHR certification a plus
● 4+ years experience in a human resources capacity
● Solid understanding of human resource laws
● High level of integrity with the ability to keep confidential information secure
● Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written
● Strong problem solving and analytical skills
● Excellent organizational and time/project management skills
● Attention to detail with the ability to identify problem areas proactively
● Experience/proficiency with HRIS software
● Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
● Customer service orientation with the ability to relate to all levels of staff
● Ability to identify, develop and streamline processes
● Desire to continually upgrade skills, knowledge and abilities in the human resource profession