Reporting to Academy’s Senior Director of Omnichannel Merchandising, we’re looking for a proven change agent who understands margin, profitability, forecasting, inventory management and can lead / influence a team in a way that’s analytically biased — yet inspiring.
You must understand both buying and managing by the KPIs.
Ask yourself: “Can I look at the category sales and margin data and understand what it means to the overall business? Can I glean actionable insights from it — and then drive the relevant change in a way that’s hard on the issues and soft on the people?"
Because this job is all about constantly monitoring improving your category, the business, your team members, and most importantly — the customer experience — in ways that are lasting and meaningful.
URL blocked - click to apply
- Partner with GMM and DMMs to create effective and innovative online merchandising strategies to drive total category sales and profitability.
- Influence assortment for Academy.com to achieve online sales, merchandising margin and gross profit goals
- Influence cross-functional business leaders in establishing business objectives and goals specific to Omnichannel
- Stay highly focused on current trends, opportunities, assortment, competition and merchant vision by category and apply knowledge to drive conversion growth
- Partner with marketing to activate enterprise marketing plans as well as develop Omnichannel supporting campaigns to drive awareness and conversion
- Partner with merchant group to activate all significant product launches with the necessary supporting marketing and web specific activities
- Manage and oversee the Omnichannel Category Management team
- Collaborate with Buying and Omnichannel teams to drive drop ship SKU and sales growth
- Position and present products within the online store to drive traffic, conversion, and average order value
- Work with the analytics team to measure the effectiveness of all online merchandising activities and supporting marketing campaigns
- Lead category merchandising team to use data driven business insights to address customer opportunities through site improvements
- Identify unique, underdeveloped, emerging or new, products or categories, based on statistical analysis, competitive landscape, customer feedback, and web analytics
- Partner with major external and internal vendor partners to ensure their brands are well positioned to deliver against customer and brand expectations
- Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Merchandising or relevant field of study preferred
- 5+ years of work experience within the ecommerce or buying verticals
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing the online merchandising plan for a multi-channel retailer.
- Proven history of managing sales and profitability targets as well as a solid understanding how those levers impact the P&L
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Leads by example and models a passion for the business as well as demonstrates a proactive and solution orientated style
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytic skills and financial acumen.
- Ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise presentations
- Strong Excel capabilities preferred and capability to use Web Analytics platforms