Position: Maintenance Manager (Manufacturing)
Location: New Iberia, LA Area
Compensation: Salary & Bonus Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Retirement & Relocation Package
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Manager will ensure that maintenance projects and procedures are implemented within budget and on schedule. Achieve maximum output capacity, enhance plant efficiency, and maintain minimum operational cost. Manage the activities of the Maintenance group to ensure safe, cost effective asset utilization supported by added value investment, while complying with all Company policy and statutory regulations related to the safety and environment.
- Develop and maintain a program for site improvements, introduction of new technology and maintenance plan to ensure work is completed to a high standard in accordance with customer and project objectives.
- Develop and manage a work order system and preventative and predictive maintenance plan. Monitor and analyze the performance of the equipment and improve the efficiency.
- Ensure the quality of the spare parts and/or services purchased. Manage suppliers’/contractors’ performance and periodically carry out vendor assessment. Ensure that contractors comply with safety and all other site procedures.
- Actively participate in maintenance and capital budget preparation and cost expenditure forecasts. Review maintenance expenditure and forecasts on a regular basis to assure appropriate spending levels.
- Ensure maximum plant availability through the implementation and use of established reliability principles and optimal asset management. Ensure that optimal manning levels are maintained.
- Effectively practice Performance Based Management by coaching and developing employees, and assuring effective alignment with the matrix functions.
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
- BS Degree preferred in a technical discipline and a minimum of five years of experience in Maintenance or Engineering role in a manufacturing environment preferably in a union environment with a minimum of three years management experience.
- Knowledge of:
-Reliability Centered Maintenance
-Failure Mode Experimental Causal Analysis (FMECA)
-Engineering standards and specifications
-Process Safety Management
- Proven ability to manage & develop budgets, successfully manage individuals and teams & knowledge in areas such as confined space entry, lockout/tagout, hotwork permitting, etc.
Use Hand Tool