Job Title: COVID 19 - Registered Nurse
Duration: 6+ Months (Higher extension possibilities)
Location: 2601 Ocean Parkway, Coney Island Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 11235
Schedule: Mon to Fri (7:30 AM to 4:00 PM)
• Reporting to the Testing Site Operational Lead, the Registered Nurse provides procedural services to patients at testing sites, in particular COVID-19 specimen collection.
• Handle and transfer specimens appropriately and document the administration of services in EMR as needed.
• Serve other clinical and non-clinical roles as necessary to the mission of New York City’s COVID-19 response.
• Use appropriate PPE protocols to minimize COVID-19 transmission between themselves, patients, and staff.
• Uphold and maintain all patient and staff safety protocols.
• Support site-level efforts to maintain a positive patient experience for New Yorkers getting tested for COVID-19.
• Qualifications and Experience: Candidate must be a registered nurse, with a valid license, be reliable for independent work, and be able to lead change as part of a collaborative team. Experience with procedural skills like swabbing, intramuscular injections, and phlebotomy is strongly preferred. Preferred Skills:
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of individuals, groups, and organizations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, transparency and accountability in all work products
• Keen attention to detail, flexibility and an enthusiastic work ethic
• Nasopharyngeal, nasal, and oral swabbing
• Intramuscular injection
• RN License Primary Source Verification
Electronic Medical Record