To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Goshen, NY 10924
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer
O'Connor Davies, LLP • Goshen, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Client, a leading distributor of American-made electrical, data, transit, telephone, conduit, video, fire alarm, security, and industrial products is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join their fast growing organization. The CFO will be accountable for the administrative, financial, treasury, and risk management operations, including the development of a financial strategy, creating and monitoring metrics tied to that strategy. They will provide continuous improvement and monitoring of accounting, operational systems designed to accurately report financial results and drive bottom‐line performance.
- Lead the Accounting Department staff and financial functions.
- Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
- Enhance the accuracy of the company’s report financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate departmental performance and make adjustments to daily operations when needed to ensure the department meets overall goals and objectives.
- Work in collaboration with executive leadership and participates in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Responsible for developing and implementing financial strategies to drive the company to achieve and surpass revenue, profit, and cash flow goals and objectives, focusing on bottom‐line performance.
- Responsible for strategic financial decisions including new services, M&A, employee benefit plans, and investment opportunities.
- Lead core financial processes including long‐range planning, cash forecasting, and annual budgets.
- Implement appropriate internal controls and mechanisms to ensure the appropriate safeguarding of all assets and proper recording of transactions.
- Handle risk management including business insurance, capital expenditures, office, and equipment leasing.
- Oversee employee benefit plans and trustee of the 401(k).
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements including state and local business licenses and that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Ensure proper training of all personnel working on financial, accounting and audit matters.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred.
- Currently licensed CPA or Certification as CMA/CGMA.
- A minimum of 10 years in Senior Management and Accounting with at least three years’ experience as a CFO, and five years as a Controller.
- Experience within the industrial supply industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and US Tax Laws.
- Experience with Federal, State, and Local taxes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and a quick learner with new software.
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills.