Are you looking to grow your career as a Staff Accountant?
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an accounting professional desiring to make key contributions on high priority projects in a team setting. The ideal candidate will hold a four-year degree, and will have at least two years of experience including intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office, an accounting software and knowledge of US GAAP.
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for general ledger accounting for various reporting entities; including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and account reconciliations, and preparing quarterly and annual financial statements. The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for the accounts payable and cash disbursements process and assisting with special projects.
- Preparing general ledger journal entries
- Reconciling monthly bank statements
- Completing special projects as requested
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements
- Identify variances
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting position.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Experience with a major accounting software.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.