Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Coordinate Special Officer background process and provides administrative support to Human Resources (HR), Offices of Classification & Compensation Administration, Redeployment & Realignment Administration and Civil Service, Background and Examination Administration, which are responsible for aligning business objectives and orchestrating change with employees and management in business units, facility HR Departments, and Central Office Departments.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Special Officer Background and Hiring
- Civil Service Hiring Pools
- Track Correspondence and Prepared Responses
- Handle Administrative Duties for the Division, including maintenance of the calendar
- Responsible for OTPS ordering and payments for entire Division
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the entire Special Officer three-step background process, which includes scheduling and running background screening pools, collecting and reviewing candidates background documents, taking manual fingerprints and preparing background files for submission to DCAS, scheduling and running selection pools, coordinating psychological assessments, both written and oral, tracking clearances with DCAS, the facilities and the Institute of Forensic Psychology and handling resulting appeal.
- Assists with Civil Service Hiring Pools, and handles all the candidate mailings, hiring pool documents, and the tracking of candidate correspondence, including restorations, address changes and general inquires paperwork generated by the hiring process.
- Assists with the daily review and dissemination of fingerprint results and arrest notifications to designated facility staff.
- Handles administrative duties, such as scheduling meetings, filing, photocopying, scanning and maintaining the Divisions SharePoint calendar to track all initiatives and events, including hiring pools, realignment initiatives, audits, meetings and trainings.
- Responsible for all purchasing and tracking the Division's OTPS budget; processes purchase orders, special requests, and invoices for payments through PeopleSoft Finance, maintains adequate amounts of office supplies and forms.
- Participates in Special Projects and performs additional duties, as assigned.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university; and,
2. One year experience in one or more of the following: classification and salary administration, employment and testing, training and counseling, employee relations, labor relations and personnel administration, research; or,
3. Graduation from a senior high school and five years of satisfactory experience in personnel administration, of which at least four years must have been at a responsible level of personnel administration, labor relations, employee relations; or,
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience