Requirements and Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate with customers, peers, and management
• Basic plant knowledge or the willingness to learn about plants and gardening
• Ability to stand on your feet for 6 to 8 hours on concrete
• Ability to lift 20lbs repeatedly for at least 4 hours
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Ability to stoop and bend repeatedly for several hours
• Ability to work outdoors, which could include weather as cold as 25 degrees and as hot as 105 degrees, and
long term exposure to the sun
• Team player
• Small engine maintenance knowledge not required but a big plus!
• Fork Lift or Front-end Loader driving experience not required but a big plus!
Fossil Creek Tree Farm is a family owned garden center, tree farm, and landscaping company in North Fort Worth. Situated on 8.5 beautiful acres just south of 287, we stock over 3000 trees alongside greenhouses filled with shrubs, flowers, and vegetables. Gardeners will find everything they need to make their landscape thrive with a full stock of fertilizers, traditional and organic pesticides, mulches, soils, and compost. Our home and gift shop, The Haven, brings together the beauty of nature and the comfort of home with décor and gift items to add a special touch to your indoor spaces or show your love to someone special.
To use our God given talents and resources to inspire, educate, and serve others
To serve our team by creating a fun culture that inspires them to grow, learn, and reach their God given potential
To serve our customers by inspiring, educating, and providing a unique shopping experience that helps them to create a more beautiful environment
To serve our community by creating a culture that inspires our team, as well as our community of customers to give back to those in need around us
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive pay with stretch goals for professional growth and advancement
48 hours PTO awarded after 1 year and each year after. 80 hours PTO awarded after 5 years
3 paid holidays (July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving Day)
Closed with Holiday Pay for the week between Christmas and New Year's. This schedule changes every year, but is the equivalent of 5-6 paid days depending on where in the week Christmas Day falls.
Personal Development Program for up to $250 per year reimbursement.
Business hours are from 8AM-6PM Monday through Friday, 8AM-5PM Saturday, closed Sundays
Team Member schedules are 8AM-4:30PM and 9:30AM-6PM