For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
We are seeking a full time, Director of Health Services to be responsible for the implementation of both short and long-term strategic planning and forecasting for the Health Services Department and the planning, organization, direction, supervision and evaluation of all medical and health services provided within the agency. Responsible for managing infection prevention and control. Ensures adherence to professional standards of nursing, local, state and federal laws, licensing and accreditation standards.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Illinois RN license
- CPR certification and Red Cross certification in first aid
- Experience managing a health service office
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, OSHA BBP rules, Illinois Nursing Practice Acts, and Illinois Code related to schools and health care
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Experience working in a mental health and/or school environment
- Responsible for implementation of both short and long term strategic planning and forecasting for the Health Services Department.
- Responsible for the planning, organization, direction, supervision and evaluation of the medical and health services provided within the agency.
- Plans, directs and oversees the Health Services Department policies/procedures, operations and budget.
- Evaluates and coordinates medical and health services provided to residents and students ensuring the quality of services. Works closely with all levels of internal/external contacts, referral sources and regulatory agency representatives.
- Responsible for providing leadership, onboarding, training, evaluation, supervision, professional development and oversight to Health Services staff.
- Secures the procurement of medical physician contractors, medical clinics, pharmacies, labs and dental providers to provide medical and health care for residents/students. Oversees the maintenance and ordering of medical and pharmaceutical services.
- Ensures the timely response and monitoring by nursing staff of physical health of clients during manual restraints per licensing and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for managing infection prevention and control. Sets goals related to outcomes or processes that help to prevent or reduce the potential spread of infections. Based on these goals, develops practical and effective infection prevention and control activities. Evaluates effectiveness of activities utilized in order to improve processes and outcomes related to infection prevention and control. Consults with external resources including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC) who can provide important information about the agency’s population served and associated health risks.
- Ensures maintenance of records and reports related to resident/staff care which includes, but is not limited to, reviews of incident and medication error reports and identification of mitigation activities as-needed, employee injuries, and daily office visit logs.
- Provides input and assistance with regard to employee wellness activities which includes coordination of the annual employee flu shot clinic. Coordinates distribution of the survey for flu shots in April/May each year, compiles data and reports to appropriate continuous quality improvement committee, as per Joint Commission standards.
- Oversees new hire and refresher training for staff related to Medication Training, TB Prevention, Universal Precautions, Well Being Checks, First Aid and CPR.
- Coordinates required training and documentation for “Waived Testing” for nursing staff. Maintain CLIA certificate waivers for Illinois.
- Oversees and/or prepares various reports for internal/external program use and federal, state, and other accrediting, licensing and/or referral agencies as required/requested. Provides presentations and training to internal and external individuals/groups as required.
- Manages and participates in continuous quality improvement activities such as The Joint Commission and COA accreditation and other continuous quality performance committee work.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Maintains membership with appropriate professional organizations, and represents the Agency to other organizations. Maintains working knowledge of federal and state regulations (i.e., DCFS, DHS, Joint Commission, COA, ISBE) and ensures department compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association)
Related search terms: RN, Registered Nurse,Director, Director of Health Services, Health Services Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit