To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
52585 Dequindre Rd.
Rochester, MI 48308
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Payable Manager
Letica Corporation • Rochester, MI
Posted 2 months ago
The Accounts Payable Manager manages the accounts payable team to meet appropriate processes and procedures pertaining to receipt of accounts payable mail through filing of paid invoices. This position records all cash received by the company via the lockbox, wire transfers and general mail. The AP Manager will train and continue the development of the Accounts Payable team. Additionally, this position reviews requests for voided checks and submits required documentation to the Controller for any stoppage of payments.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide feedback to Controller for improvements to Accounts Payable procedures.
2. Hires, trains, develops, and evaluates employees to enhance performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
3. Update Controller daily on current issues with suppliers (credit holds, etc).
4. Monitor errors made by A/P Clerks and maintain an error log to increase individual accountability.
5. Review and post A/P invoice batches in ERP System.
6. Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
7. Manage the flow of Receiving Discrepancy Forms and Material Disposition Forms received from plants and ensure that problem invoices are resolved within 30 days.
8. Review and process all utility invoices and ensure cost are within allowed ranges.
9. Review Request for Void Checks and submit required documentation to the Controller for stop payments and voids.
10. Process Request for Refund of Credit and submit to suppliers for payment of outstanding credits.
11. Process checks returned by suppliers and/or refund checks to determine the cause of the return or reimbursement.
12. Process One Step Checks as requested by the CFO or Controller.
13. Generate the weekly Payment Selection Report and adjust the report per the direction of the CFO or Controller.
14. Serve as backup to the Controller for setting up new suppliers in ERP system.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
MANAGERIAL / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES
1. Directly supervise staff Accounts Payable Clerks.
2. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include enforcing department procedures; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
1. Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
2. Four (4) years experience in an accounting environment.
3. Two (2) years leadership experience.
4. Extensive knowledge about accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
1. Experience using an integrated accounts payable / purchasing computerized accounting system.
2. Ability to motivate and develop subordinates.