Established in 1896, our client is a full service, community bank. They are a BauerFinancial 5-Star Rated Bank and listed in The Strongest Banks in the U.S. by Weiss Ratings. They seek out intelligent, forward-thinking employees who will enthusiastically contribute to their team of associates.
As the Credit Analyst, you will be responsible for providing credit analysis for the lending activities of our client, as well as analytical services in the administration of loan accounts. When needed and in conjunction with loan officer(s), you will meet with current and potential customers to obtain information needed for loan requests. You will also work with the bank management team working on analytical projects. It is anticipated that you will move into the role of internal auditor for a term, as a way to more fully learn the business.
- Credit Analysis: Underwrite, analyze and prepare presentations for loans. Assist in negotiating loans and structuring presentations. Analyze the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Monitoring: Monitor loans to ensure proper documentation with respect to items such as periodic calculation of ratios to determine financial covenants. Assist with annual account reviews and ticklers. May monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect past due accounts.
- Inspections: Perform collateral inspections including but not limited to commercial real estate properties and single-family residences. Also assist in documenting values of subject properties.
- Sales & Service: Provide prompt, efficient and accurate service when working with customers.
- Personal Commitment: Demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for the team with regular and predictable attendance, punctuality and agreed-upon schedule of availability. Project a professional image in attire, manner, communication and focus.
- Systems: Utilize software to analyze financial information and form objective opinions to assist lenders in identifying strengths and weaknesses on each credit.
- Administrative: Participate in loan meeting discussion of credit structure and financial analysis and other applicable meetings and trainings.
- Training: Expected to attend and participate in internal and external skills and professional development training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or Business Administration. Relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Prior experience in credit analysis preferred.
- Must possess analytical skills necessary to assess and evaluate areas of responsibility including determination of loan risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations.
- Understanding of financial data such as cash flow, balance sheet and collateral dynamics of customers’ properties and geographic area.
- Proactive and responsive with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and excellent follow through.
- Experience with Window-based computer programs, including Excel.
- Comply with all requirements, policies and procedures of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and attend all mandatory BSA training as needed for this position.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Bank Secrecy Act