Group Leader (5043)
Expanding from our initial core business providing critical process cleaning to automotive manufacturer’s paint shops, MacLellan Integrated Services provides a broad scope of maintenance, facilities management, HVAC and industrial engineering services to a variety of large manufacturers across North America and has become a partner and key provider of maintenance services to our customers.
The Group Leader is the first-line supervisory position in our organization. This role leads a critical process cleaning crew in an automotive manufacturing plant operating continuous shifts. This critical position is the backbone of our organization. How effectively Group Leaders manage and develop their teams, and interact with the customer, ultimately determines the success of the site contract.
The Group Leader is exposed to management of people, process, and product at the most fundamental levels, and learns first hand how to manage in a fast paced, JIT, safety focused environment. This is an excellent starting point to gain valuable knowledge in a fast paced OEM automotive environment and learn how the organization works. This role is the training ground for future leaders and those that excel here are quickly noticed. This role is the gateway to other management opportunities and future managers for the site, region, and company as a whole are selected and groomed here.
The Group Leader is responsible for the safety, quality, service delivery and labor efficiency of their assigned shift. This involves maintaining a safe work environment, directing teams to complete the assigned work, maintaining labor efficiency targets, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, and completing all assigned tasks. The Group Leader interacts directly with numerous customer contacts involved in maintenance and production at a variety of levels. Building and sustaining these relationships with key customer contacts is critical, and requires flexibility to accommodate frequently changing customer demands. The Group Leader is a coach and mentor that interacts daily with their team to deliver core value messages, direct specific activities to be accomplished, develop and improve their teams performance, promote employee contributions to safety and continuously improve operations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise a team to complete all assigned work while maintaining labor efficiency targets and safety performance indicators.
- Maintain assigned communication boards providing production information, safety audit status and safety updates to our team and our customer.
- Interact regularly with key customer contacts including area managers in charge of paint specific processes.
- Responsible for time sheets and ensuring documentation is complete for all hourly employees on their shift.
- Maintain consumables budgets and monitor customer plan vs. actual consumables spend report.
- Conduct 5S audits and drive continuous improvement activities.
- Complete or assist in work planning and scheduling for shift buy offs.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS AND/OR WEEKENDS AS PART OF THE REGULAR WORK SCHEDULE AND MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE
BEST PEOPLE, BEST SYSTEMS, BEST RESULTS
We bring people together who share our values and help them discover and achieve their potential. We are disciplined in the development and use of innovative systems and practices. We are a driving component in our business partners’ competitive advantage.
Our way of doing business has earned us a reputation for excellence, and we work to deliver exceptional value.
This position is a stepping stone to higher levels of management and a training ground for the right candidate in the exciting, fast paced world of OEM automotive manufacturing. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity that will further your experience and career growth.
We strive to be the employer of choice in our space. By offering employees the best possible value proposition, we ensure we have the best talent available supporting our customers.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off / Time Off for Volunteering and company matching charitable donations
- Management Bonus Program based on company profitability and other performance factors.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, coverage begins the first day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Company matching 401(k) Program
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Company clothing allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement