* 5-8 Years data science research or industry experience
* Python proficiency -- It's our lingua franca, and we're big Jupyter fans
* MS or PhD in CS or STEM -- Ability to transform concepts into practical solutions
* Machine Learning experience -- Successful implementation of ML solutions
* Communication Ability -- Experience/comfort in presenting abstract concepts
* Project Management Experience -- Experience leading large DS/ML projects
* Healthcare Experience -- Experience with data science/ML techniques as applied to Healthcare, specifically experience on recommendation engines for members and claims anomaly detection
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
* Advanced proficiency in Python and Spark/Scala for classical statistical analysis and data modeling, machine learning and ETL processes.
* Ability to write production-ready code including documentation and unit tests.
* Experience with machine learning methods like k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods and more.
* Proficiency in data science modeling - AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Neural Networks, Supervised/Unsupervised Learning, Forecasting, Predictive Modeling and Clustering.
* Strong background in machine learning using unsupervised and supervised methods.
* Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical predictive modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
* Fluency in SQL and other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripts language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
* Proven experience of using Python Machine Learning & Data Pre-processing Libraries. (Scikit Learn, Numpy, Pandas)
* Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
* The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
* Preferred experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
* Proficiency with healthcare analytics and data structures is preferred.
* Desired interdisciplinary skills include big data technologies, ETL, statistics and causal inference, Deep Learning, modeling and simulation.
* Intermediate to advanced ability to create data visualizations using Python.
* Leading data science projects or teams (as the most technically advanced team member) or working independently on data science projects.
* Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering with expertise in applicable programming and analytics languages (Python, R, Spark/Scala) and various open source machine learning and analytics packages to generate deliverable modules and prototype demonstrations of their work.