Plans, organizes, implements, and effectively controls production in an organized manner to ensure safety, quality, and delivery are met. Ensures that products are produced efficiently, on time, within budget, and in compliance with our customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and monitor the production areas, including performance of staff, and organize necessary interventions for improvements.
- Actively analyze the efficiency in the manufacturing cells and adjust/implement lean manufacturing and quality processes and systems leveraging ITW Toolbox – PLS, 80/20, etc., lean principals, 5S and related world class manufacturing improvement techniques/framework to optimize the efficiency of the production areas, and to implement strategic initiatives aligning team-based processes to drive operational strategies and continuous improvement.
- Ensure 80/20 philosophies in standards are met for quality to customer. Implement corrective actions if quality standards are not met and enforces quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Meet customer lead-times.
- Determine resource requirements and manage resources to meet production targets.
- Implement effective production scheduling practices (MRD, Kanban, etc).
- Meet expected Key Process Indicators (KPI’s).
- Compare production costs to work standards.
- Manage production budget for labor, headcount, costs, etc. and actively participate in cost savings initiatives.
- Responsible for the training/supervising for key individuals in each department supervising.
- Ensures maximum efficiency of operations through utilization of equipment and facilities.
- Recommend and implement best practices and improvements in equipment and manufacturing processes. Recommends and receives approvals for new plant equipment.
- Coordinates long term planning for automation related projects.
- Responsible for reporting out capacity for new projects to sales team.
- Waste reduction implementation and adherence, in both scrap product/material and machine/personnel time.
- Support ITW Leadership Development framework by developing talent within the business. Identifies and develops key leaders for future roles.
- Participate in Safety Meetings and help lead Safety Initiatives.
Directly supervise and manage the Cell Leaders, Automation Technicians, and others as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Engineering required; computer literacy required; good mechanical aptitude required.
ITW’s Automotive OEM segment designs and manufactures innovative fasteners, interior and exterior components, and powertrain and braking systems for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. ITW’s automotive businesses have a high level of customer intimacy, enabling customer-back innovation to address complex needs such as vehicle efficiency, safety, and quality. Deep market knowledge and strong manufacturing process capabilities allow ITW’s automotive businesses to be nimble, niche problem solvers for their sophisticated customers.
Product Quality Assurance