To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Idaho Falls, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Nurses, Medical Assistants and Phlebotomists Needed for Wellness Screenings
Quest Diagnostic Health and Wellness • Idaho Falls, ID
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
THIS IS PER DIEM -- NOT FULL TIME
***Not currently hiring for this position but looking for qualified candidates for openings in the near future**
Quest Diagnostics - Health and Wellness
The primary responsibility of the Health Screener is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that health screenings are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all aspects of a health screening, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform biometric screening at client sites including finger stick blood collection, BMI, Blood Pressure and other health screening services based on service package
- Performs basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all health screenings.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
- Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification.
- Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements.
- At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional health care setting.
- Proficient with finger stick blood collection methods and manual blood pressure.
- Ability to understand and perform complex procedures and techniques and work with complex instrumentation (Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred).
- Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
- Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Pleasant and friendly, yet professional personality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Requires use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Handling stress & emotions,
- Concentrating on tasks
- Making decisions,
- Adjusting to change,
- Examining/observing details
- Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
- Position requires travel.