Looking to do something different with your accounting skills? Looking for a professional and friendly working environment? Looking for a position where your input is valued?
Join our team of accounting, development, and administrative professionals to apply your knowledge to the world of accounting automation. Currently, we are focused on the automotive industry with plans to branch out to other industries. The Back Office offers many opportunities for growth ranging from involvement in the software development lifecycle to managing customer and partner relationships. Additionally, depending on the applicant’s skillset, there is room for flexibility in tailoring the position to the applicant’s areas of interest.
The Back Office is seeking an energetic, qualified individual to join our growing team. The company's primary focus is on the development and distribution of software to help small businesses automate their accounting systems. As many of us know in the industry, accounting can be complex, but it doesn’t have to be. The Back Office specializes in making the accounting process simpler, faster, and operates with the customers’ needs in mind.
As an Accounting Advisor on our team, you will assist in the training and support of our software via the Internet to customers around the nation. This candidate must have a degree in accounting and possess strong help desk skills along with experience in rapidly diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client issues. A good working knowledge of QuickBooks and/or other small business accounting software is helpful. Good organizational and communication skills are a must, along with a friendly and positive attitude.
What we can offer you:
● A fun, relaxed, small office environment
● Opportunity to learn and grow with an innovative company
● Opportunity to talk with and help a variety of people
● Every day provides a new experience
● Paid holidays
● Paid vacation
● Health insurance plan
● Dental insurance plan
● Earn a paid half day off every 3 months
● Casual dress
● Free parking
● Convenient location, just off I-235 in West Des Moines
● Possibility of working remotely
● Competitive Based Wage
What we look for:
As a small company, our sense of familiarity with customers and business partners drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to start a career or grow an already existing one, The Back Office provides a positive environment to expand your knowledge to help you achieve your career goals while also growing and supporting our company. Below are qualities that we are looking for in applicants as we expand our team.
● Accounting degree or equivalent experience
● Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals, including the ability to analyze transactions and determine the appropriate credit and debit entries required
● Friendly, energetic, positive person with a professional demeanor
● Ability to troubleshoot, resolve, and document user help requests efficiently and effectively
● Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and written), and to recognize and respond appropriately to the skill level and demeanor of the customer
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Proficient in Microsoft Office suite