To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7600 Graves Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Social Worker - Mental Health
Maryvale • Rosemead, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the immediate supervision of the Supervisor, the Social Worker is directly responsible for the planning and delivery of treatment services according to DMH and Maryvale and DCFS related services for Maryvale’s STRTP residents and their families.
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Vincentian Core Values of Maryvale and the Daughters of Charity.
- Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge and skills necessary to work respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
- Follow the Trauma Informed Care philosophy when supporting and addressing the needs of the children and families Maryvale serves.
ESSENTIAL JOB EXPECTATIONS
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy.
- Completes all assessments and paperwork within the DMH requirements, including Diagnosis.
- Conduct initial assessment of clients and families to determine treatment services needed. This includes administering various outcome measures during the assessment process and throughout the course of treatment.
- Collaborate with members of the multi-disciplinary treatment team for the delivery of a full spectrum of social work services to the clients and families.
- Actively engaged in the Child and Family Team process and with the CFT on a regular basis.
- Complete all required annual trainings.
- Provide home-based social work services during placement and after.
- Responsible for coordinating family involvement in treatment. Communicates with parents and other approved family members. Encourages and facilitates a family environment in parent education, weekly visits, family therapy, and other Maryvale events.
- Conducts continuous re-evaluation and goal adjustment in consultation with primary supervisor and other treatment team members that are assigned to clients.
- Provide school observation and consultation as necessary.
- Consults and collaborates with various external professionals working on behalf of the client and family; including school, community partners, DCFS and DMH advocates, CSW’s, Probation Officers, Attorneys, CASA Workers, etc. May act as a liaison between Maryvale and educational and medical personnel to ensure quality medical and educational services are provided to the client.
- In collaboration with the CFT, legal guardian/family, plans and oversees client’s/family’s discharge from Maryvale to ensure appropriate support systems are available upon discharge. Provides linkages to appropriate services post discharge.
- Coordinates and leads case conferences, discharge planning meetings, and other meetings as assigned to determine the clinical needs of clients and their families.
- Responsible for conducting mental health therapy groups on various clinical or social skills topics.
- Responsible for documenting progress through completion of Department of Mental Health documentation (CAIA, CTP, etc.) and MH chart; completes and maintain all documentation of services delivered which includes individual records, group notes, and general communication logs.
- Attends internal and external multidisciplinary case review meetings which may include but are not limited to ADT’s, Case Conferences, TDM’s, core team and team meetings, Level 14 screenings (when necessary), Discharge Planning meetings, etc.
- Maintain a minimum of 65% DMH billing productivity per month.
- Adhere to the 24-hour turnaround requirement for client progress notes.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, MFT, Counseling Psychology or related field, Licensed eligible through BBS.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the BBS or BOP.
- Minimum 1 year experience with field based services (i.e. home visits, FSP, WRAP, Family Preservation) preferred.
- Passion for family/community work and field based services. Providing services were the family unit is at.
- Training in Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Seeking Safety and/or other Evidence Based Practices is highly desirable (although not required).
- Pre-employment physical exam and criminal and OIG background clearance.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish); and experience working with clients ages 6-18.
- A thorough understanding of the clinical needs of traumatized children and their families.
- Experience with L.A. County Department of Mental Health documentation standards and EXYM experience preferred.
- Familiar with DCFS mandates and contract obligations in delivery of residential services and treatment plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Flexible hours dependent upon client/families needs and schedules.
- Position requires evening hours and weekend availability to be arranged to meet clients’ needs and that of the overall program.
- Maintain consistent attendance to meet the needs of our clients and their families.