Leads the daily operations of the sales floor at a Retail Store location to help fund the Goodwill mission of ending unemployment. Assists with leading production room as appropriate. Key responsibilities include people leadership, store operations, customer service, financial management, inventory control, donation processing, and training and development of store team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes retail operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for operating income, revenue, and production.
- Monitors product levels (floor work, as-is, recycle, trash, seasonal back stock) daily to achieve bottom line sales budget against targets.
- Ensures payroll costs and operating costs are managed to budget.
- Ensures team members deliver excellent customer service to donors and customers.
- Works to de-escalate customer situations while finding an appropriate solution.
- Ensures store locations are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Partners with community businesses and organizations to promote Goodwill mission.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of the sales floor.
- Ensures that Retail Store Associates and Customer Service Manager are well-trained and fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Acts as a key holder for the store, closing shift manager, and backup to the Store Manager.
- Processes complex sales transactions, including customer returns.
- Ensures that team members are operating per company standards and procedures.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to perform daily tasks such as dropping off the bank deposit, helping at other stores, and attending personal training and development classes.
- Partners with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources, Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Builds a high-performing team.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of team members.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
You will be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit offerings!
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.jobs.goodwillaz.org
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, gender identity, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will consider any reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the essential duties of the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.