Oversees and coordinates daily tasks, workflow and special projects within the Records Management Department; including, but not limited to, creation, tracking, monitoring, labeling, delivery, closure and storage of active and/or inactive client or firm files. Interfaces with supervisors, co-workers, and other staff members for the purpose of exchanging information. Most contact is internal to the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic records center operations in accordance with established RIM procedures.
- Respond to specific requests by searching, locating, retrieving, and delivering records or information through established procedures and delivery systems in a timely manner.
- Receive files for entry into Records Management System (RMS); review for accuracy and enters data.
- Sort, classify, and code material for filing and shelving.
- Prepare new files within file classification plan.
- Generate labels and bar coding as necessary to track files.
- Accurately performs filing and interfiling of loose items on timely basis.
- Perform assigned tasks that support the organization’s legal hold process.
- Perform database queries and reports of activities as needed.
- Retrieve and arrange file delivery as requested.
- Access, compile, gather, and issue requested records and information.
- Receive and process records transferred to inactive storage in accordance with established schedules.
- Perform assigned tasks supporting the implementation of the organization’s approved retention schedule.
- Scan records as directed, saving images in accordance with ESI policies and procedures.
- Communications with offsite storage vendors.
- Monitor Records Management email and voicemail boxes and responds appropriately to requests and inquiries.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Handle special projects such as destruction implementation as directed.
- Provide input to management based on current and projected workload.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications):
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
– LAW FIRM RECORDS EXPERIENCE
- Experience in operating office equipment such as reprographics equipment, and printers preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Good typing skills and basic computer skills with diligent attention to detail.
- Familiar with file room operations.
- Attention to detail very important.
- Ability to handle special projects assigned by records specialists/managers and supervisor.
- Professional appearance, adherence to dress code.