Job Title: Vice President (Medicaid)
Location: Technology Drive, Columbia, SC, 29229
Travel: No remote work, Onsite 100% (may do local travel and some non-local.But, non-local is minimal)
Duration: Perm. Position. Will cover relocation. Great Benefit Package.
Salary: Range is $220K-$225K (may go slightly higher but that is the target)
Interview Process: 2 Rounds. 1st phone call, 2nd round – Meets with Team. If non-local, will pay for travel expenses if candidate makes it to 2nd round.
Provides overall executive leadership and responsibility for the effective and efficient control of all functional operations of the division, including but not limited to all claims processing and customer service related functions. Formulates strategy for the contract and/or business unit and oversees its execution. Ensures that all contractual and/or corporate standards and requirements are met and all corporate guidelines are followed. Responsible for financial planning, budget control and profit and revenue forecasting. Responsible for the oversight and development of all staff. Leads all staff according to a strong moral and ethical code of conduct that is aligned with the compliance policy. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external clients. Overall authority for the contract and/or business unit.
Required Work Experience
- Ten years healthcare related industry work experience.
- Five years management experience OR equivalent military experience in grade E4 or above (may be concurrent with the ten plus years).
Experience managing Medicaid fee for service administration contracts.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong management skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, decision-making, human relations and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated the ability to become multi-tasked.
- Working knowledge of the various current forms of health care delivery systems utilized.
- Understanding Information Systems processes to solve operations and strategic problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mathematical calculations and general principals of managing standards of performance.
- Thorough understanding of business statistics to be able to make decisions on staffing, budget, etc., based on the analysis of data.systems
- Understanding and experience in the use of a personal computer and related software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Understanding and experience in responding to Requests For Proposal (RFP) to support current business and/or the development of new business.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in budget planning, preparation and monitoring.
- Ability to use the most cost-effective management means without reducing the quality of performance.
- Strong, ethical decision-making skills to promote a culture that ensures employees conduct business in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in accordance with our Corporate Values.