Mac Arthur Corporation is a dynamic and growing mid-sized manufacturer of high quality labels and die-cut components serving automotive and industrial customers around the world. Our customers include the largest OEMs and Tier 1’s in the automotive, electronics and mobility sector. We are seeking an experienced, talented and self-motivated Manufacturing or Industrial Operations Engineer to join our team.
As a successful candidate for the position, you will bring passion, determination and a sense of urgency to manufacturing operations and continuous improvement activities. You will provide process engineering leadership and collaborate with cross-functional project teams to meet business objectives of cost, quality, lead time, and safety improvement.
Candidates should have experience across multiple manufacturing technologies, data analysis skills, LEAN Thinking for problem solving, and change management. You will be an agent for change who meets challenges with a positive mindset and works collaboratively to implement sustainable solutions.
You will be part of a forward-thinking company where individual, team, and company success are recognized and rewarded.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your responsibilities include:
§ Serve as primary manufacturing process lead for products from design phase through launch and production
§ Facilitate communication and understanding of manufacturing process needs and requirements among all participants in design, printing and converting of materials
§ Support Operations on Production Trial Run’s utilizing analytics and measurement tools to improve first pass yield
§ Lead and support product engineering and manufacturing process changes
§ Provide technical expertise and leadership on manufacturing engineering projects: VAVE, Scrap reduction, Plant layout, Production cell development and implementation, CAPEX evaluation and implementation.
§ Understanding, utilizing or developing APQP tools and processes
§ Experience using manufacturing analytical tools such as engineering statistics and data analyses, statistical process control, design of experiments, Lean Manufacturing methods, and process capability studies
§ Experience in the design requirements and safe operation of high-speed manufacturing equipment/processes, with an ability to translate that knowledge in support of process, product, and capacity improvement
§ Effective communication skills - Developing team members, documentation, and training to sustain knowledge and process standards
§ Demonstrated ability to work independently and to lead a team to complete product or process optimization and improvement projects within required timeframe and budget
§ Identify complex technical issues and provide necessary solutions and/or recommendations to eliminate root cause
§ Technical or Engineering Education preferred (e.g., Bachelor, Associate Degree programs)
§ 3+ Years in the Automotive and / or Flexographic Printing industry preferred
§ Chemical/Paper or Converting process specific engineering degree preferred
§ Knowledge of printing and converting processes and systems in flexographic manufacturing environment preferred
· B.S. Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering / Industrial Operations / Process Engineering
· 3+ years working in an APQP/PPAP manufacturing environment – Product and Process Design/Development./Launch (which may include co-op or internship experience)
· 3+ years Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement experience
· Solid experience managing projects from concept to field implementation, to include product launch and field startup support as required to ensure customer satisfaction
Nice to haves:
· 3+ years working in automotive and/or flexographic label and/or die-cut converting environment
· Chemical/Paper or Converting process specific Engineering degree
· Experience developing cost savings initiatives around production equipment, new materials, and design
· Operational knowledge of Autodesk Inventor mechanical design software environment
Continuous Improvement Process
Statistical Process Controls