We are seeking caring and dedicated RN's in various units of the hospital -ER, OB/Labor & Delivery, Intermediate Care, and Surgery!
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to a group of patients within an assigned unit of the hospital. S/he is responsible to be clinically competent; deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interact with patients, significant others, and other healthcare staff while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide the initial individualized patient care based on standards of nursing care for patients through a written nursing care plan.
2. Assess each patient on admission and on an on-going basis to determine patient needs.
3. Note normal vs. abnormal data to recognize life threatening factors; biophysical needs and the patient’s ability to participate in his/her care; psychological, spiritual, and environmental needs; and risk and/or safety factors, limitations, and capabilities.
4. Follow policy related to patients in restraints.
5. Teach and learn needs in relation to the patient’s health status in anticipation of discharge.
6. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
7. Prepare equipment and aid physicians during treatment and examination of patients.
8. Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs of patients.
9. Observe patients and record significant conditions and reactions. Notify supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatment, and significant incidents.
10. Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal readings and assess the condition of the patient.
11. Have 1:1 sessions with assigned patients and document meeting.
12. Follow policy related to narcotic count.
13. Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, polices, procedures, and protocol. Remain calm and resourceful during crisis and emergency situations.
14. Document nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
15. Initiate a patient education plan, as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital policy, considering the individualized needs of the patient, including patient and family instructions.
16. Develop an individualized written plan of care as a measure of organizing patient care and as a communication tool.
17. Identify measurable goals, share plan of care and goals with the patient, family members, and staff.
18. Update and maintain the written plan of care via written instructions identifying nursing interventions required.
19. Incorporate available services which are required to meet individual needs of the patient.
20. Carry out physicians’ orders; make appropriate assignments and follow-up; set priorities; and perform basic nursing skills.
21. Perform advanced nursing skills based on competency in practice determined by the skills inventory.
22. Give shift reports.
23. Any other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing or the combination of education, knowledge, skills, mental development, and relevant experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois, or Registered Nurse License Pending (RNLP).
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field.
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a medical/surgical unit.
The following skills are necessary in order to perform the duties in the manner required: higher level of comprehension, skills, and ability, as well as continued learning is expected with increasing length of job experience.
ü Must be knowledgeable of the principles of growth and development and where appropriate, demonstrate care practices related to the physical and emotional needs of neonates (0 -30 days), pediatric patients (31 days-14 years of age), adult patients (15 – 64 years of age), and geriatric patients (65 and older years of age).
ü Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
ü Ability to read internal and external documents as pertains to job function.
ü Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from subordinates co-workers, supervisors, and/or management.
ü Ability to calculate figures and amounts through addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage.
ü Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
Essential Mental Abilities:
ü Ability to exercise independent judgment.
ü Ability to be self-directing and organized.
ü Ability to reason objectively.
ü Ability to document concisely, accurately and timely.
ü Ability to handle a variety of duties that may be interrupted or changed by immediate circumstances.
ü Possess a reasonable tolerance for stressful situations.
ü Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with subordinates, co-workers, executives, other departments, vendors, and outside regulatory agencies.
ü Ability to enlist the cooperation of others.
ü Provide courteous, cooperative service to healthcare professionals.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations