CANDIDATES THAT ANSWER THE PRE-SCREEN QUESTIONS WILL RECEIVE FIRST CONSIDERATION.
Seeking a well-rounded RF Technician - repair, install and maintenance!
Main role will be to installs fixed radio, BDA/DAS and wireless communications equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs cable and antenna consistent with project requirements and according to R56 installation and safety standards. May also deconstruct installation sites as required.
- Installation, testing, commission, certify, maintenance and repair of Public Safety & Cellular Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDAs), and associated telecommunications and network equipment which impact government and public safety operations for external and internal customers.
- Perform Public Safety and/or Cellular coverage studies, isolation tests, cable & antenna line sweeps, and acceptance certifications for BDA/DAS projects. Document test results and generate associated system reports for system acceptance.
- Handles inventory and crafts parts prior to installation work to ensure correct parts are available.
- Maintains positive customer relations.
- Trains junior technicians and installers as needed.
- FCC Certification needed
- The successful candidate will have experience with: Public Safety Land Mobile Radio (LMR), including trunking, cellular technology, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), and data networking.
- Candidate must have experience with Public Safety simulcast & P25 Radio Systems, and Cellular based technologies & associated testing parameters.
- Two (2) + years’ experience in installation, maintenance and repair of BDA/DAS infrastructure and related electronic equipment and systems.
- Specialized knowledge of basic electronics theory, circuit design, antenna systems, and FCC Rules and Regulations is required for installation, operation, maintenance and repair of various types of communications and electronic equipment.
- Strong customer service skills and a proven ability to work with both internal and external customers at all levels in a professional and encouraging manner.
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West and the largest Motorola dealer in the United States. At Day Wireless Systems, we offer the wireless solutions companies need to get ahead;.and stay that way!
This can range from complex Motorola radio systems to broadband wireless networks to affordable radio rentals for short term events. We can customize the solutions our customer need, and have relied upon, to stay connected in real time and what it matters most.Founded in 1969, today we have 26 locations and 300+ employees in California, Oregon, and Washington. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions and looks to promote from within.
The team at Day Wireless enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical (employer paid for employee)
- Company-Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability Insurance for employees after 5 years
- Educational Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Short Term Disability, Accident, and Cancer Insurance
- Potential for yearly bonus (based on company profitability)
- 10 paid vacation days the first year with it growing in increments at major achievements
- 40 hours of sick time
- 8 paid holidays with 1 floating holiday
- Company discounts (Costco, Credit Union, Verizon)
- Growth opportunity through defined career paths
- Contests/activities/accolades/rewards through Employee Appreciation Program
- PLUS, the phenomenal combination of a large family owned business that offers financial stability and job security with a small company atmosphere
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."