1. Perform periodic preventive maintenance duties.
2. Perform repairs on equipment and trouble shoot electrical wiring (up to 277 volts).
3. Paint, patch and repair walls.
4. Install, troubleshoot and maintain campus equipment.
5. Make daily rounds and report issues to Facility manager.
6. Order replacement parts using PO system.
7. Help maintain the housekeeping division of facility as needed using approved chemicals and techniques.
8. Perform other duties not listed, but required or directed by Facility Manager.
Qualifications for Position
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 2-3 years of experience working in maintenance role.
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to complete routine maintenance tasks without direct supervision.
• Must have a valid Alabama driver’s license, automobile insurance as well as reliable transportation.
• Working knowledge of power tools.
• Must have the physical ability for heavy lifting, (max. 100 lbs.).
• Knowledge of building code requirements and safety standards.
• Must have a broad knowledge of general electrical maintenance and AC repair.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work overtime as needed.
• Must be able to pass criminal background screening as required by Department of Human Resources (DHR) guidelines. Other screening includes criminal history check, MVR check, drug screen, and TB test.