Program Cook - Athol
GVNA HealthCare, Inc. - In your Community
URL blocked - click to apply
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
This is a 15 hours per week opportunity to work Monday-Friday 9am – Noon at GVNA Healthcare’s Adult Day Health Service in Athol.
The person to fill this position prepares snacks and meals to meet the dietary requirements of each client’s plan of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare menus based on the guidelines of CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program).
2. Prepare and serve lunch and snacks that meet one third of the daily nutritional requirements.
3. Provide special diets to clients as prescribed by the client’s physician.
4. Review diets with nursing staff when client is admitted and when changes are indicated.
5. Maintain food and food related inventory:
- Purchase food at local markets
- Order food from vendors
- Unpack, refrigerate and shelve food
6. Maintain and keep all food work areas and food storage areas clean.
7. Maintain documentation necessary for Department of Education.
8. Maintain and document refrigerator, freezer and water temperatures as mandated by local Board of Health.
9. Follow ServSafe guidelines for safe food preparation and personal hygiene standards.
10. Participates in regular in-service education programs to maintain job skills and knowledge.
11. Report any emergency situations to supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in food preparation preferred.
Other: Good communication skills, ability to read, write and understand English clearly including basic math skills, evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands and stress, ability to project a positive image of the GVNA Healthcare and maintain a customer-focused approach to all work, basic knowledge of food handling, safety and the use of equipment, ability to work independently.
GVNA HealthCare Inc. offers skilled nursing, therapy home visits, hospice, private duty services, adult day health service in areas surrounding Fitchburg, Gardner, Athol and Greenfield. We are a not-for-profit home healthcare agency dedicated to providing quality care to the community, regardless of their ability to pay. We believe that ALL people have the right to the best healthcare possible, whatever their circumstances, and that they deserve to receive that care in the comfort and security of their homes whenever possible.
To APPLY Go to: www.gvnahealthcare.org
Click on “Careers” then "Job Search and to Apply"
GVNA HealthCare is a Tobacco-free employer and campus
EOE, Equal Opportunity Employer
Maintain Clean Work Environment