To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jefferson City, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
(19-6285) Regional Service Technician
Getronics • Jefferson City, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Regional Service Technician will install, troubleshoot, and repair IT hardware in a retail environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Manage assigned service zone to ensure service calls are completed within the Service Level Agreement while following company policy related to inventory management, service call management, safety initiatives, and others
- Troubleshoot and repair failed IT hardware in retail store and/or office settings
- Pick up shipped good service parts and drop off defective service parts on a timely basis
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Edit all aspects of web-based service tickets assigned to the service zone (includes providing in route and onsite statuses, comprehensive notes, resolution information, equipment information, and closure detail)
- Performance review metrics include the following:
- SLA achievement
- Customer Service scores
- Inventory movement and accuracy
- Compliance related training and follow through
- Service call management
- Maintain spare and parts inventory in van for multiple customer environment; record accurate usage of service parts as dictated by the service management system; Maintain constant adherence to inventory control practices and standards
- Focus on safety at all times -- including maintaining a safe driving record
- Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Complete ad hoc or project-based IT hardware installation tasks and support cabling projects as needed
- Complete staging/integration services of IT hardware as needed
- Installation or cabling projects may require travel
- Extensive driving required
- May be assigned other duties as needed
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required * High school diploma or equivalent required; AS/BS degree in related technical field preferred * Without a degree, industry certification A+, Net+, Server+, or similar required * Minimum 1 year point of sale repair and IT equipment repair experience highly desired * Minimum 1 year previous in-store retail work experience preferred * Must be conscientious about safety; good driving record and driving habits required * The company places a premium on individual integrity and accountability * Must be mechanically inclined and have the ability to troubleshoot IT hardware to sub-assembly level * Prior low voltage voice and data cabling experience preferred * Excellent customer service skills required to properly interface with end-user customers; good verbal and written communication skills required; documentation skills required to provide accurate notation, billing, and parts order information in web-based service calls * Must possess: a strong sense of urgency in managing both Service Level Agreement (SLA) repair and inventory turn times; the ability to work in adverse repair/installation environments and diffuse stressful situations; and the ability to work independently while being a strong team player as needed * Must be physically able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and sit for extensive periods of time while driving; Must also be able climb a ladder up to 15' high and pass various certification tests (Weights & Measures, etc) * Company provides retail-oriented technology services 24/7/365, this position requires technician to be willing and available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and be on-call to support retail clients