Incumbent will oversee five production units within the facility and have overall responsibility for the performance and continuity of supply from manufacturing areas. Responsibility includes safety, quality, MOC, discipline, and operating budget. Directs unit supervisors, area engineers and/or logistics personnel as well as coordinates interaction with other groups to make improvements within the facility.
- Supervise subordinates, complete employee evaluations and plan and arrange for development and training. Resolve employee problems and discipline issues.
- Consult daily with operations area personnel to discuss and define operational issues. Determine priorities for the area with regard to resources.
- Consult daily with tech service and/or logistic personnel to discuss and define short term and long term activities.
- Interface with Business Group, R&D, Manufacturing, Process Technology, and Logistics on customer service, quality, new product/project, and distribution issues.
- Develop goals and objectives for the area and monitor progress.
- Manage area and unit specific annual budgets. Monitor cost activity and variances and review with plant staff. Promote efforts to identify cost improvement ideas and work toward implementation of these ideas.
- Actively promote and Lead plant safety culture and HSES efforts.
Attend meetings for the operations manager in his absence when needed. Cover the unit supervisor responsibilities during the absence of unit supervisor.
- Lead initiatives associated with HSSE. Monitor and track activities in these areas and insure appropriate resources are available. Stress excellent housekeeping within the units to promote safety. Attend unit safety meeting and lead a monthly plant wide safety meeting. Investigate all safety incidents for root cause and determine appropriate follow up actions to be taken. Lead all formal investigation involving incidents in the area.
- Lead initiatives involving quality, reduction of process variation and improvement of process capabilities in the Area. Monitor processes for deviation and monitor daily quality of production.
- Develop and implement detailed plans for introduction of new production into operating units to insure success of operations.
- Work with logistics and maintenance in the planning of unit turnarounds.
- Review capital projects for safety and operability. Issue capital expenditure requests for minor capital projects.
- Issue Process Change Forms to insure documentation of all changes in the area and follow up to insure closure of these documents upon completion of the change.
- Recruit and mentor plant tech service engineers and/or logistics personnel.
- Initiate supply chain studies and projects as appropriate to identify cost savings opportunities, provide value added service to our customers and to optimize return on expenditure.
Chemical Engineering degree ideal but others Engineering degrees with strong plant supervisory experience will be considered from the chemical industry.
NOTE: We have opportunities similar to this one with a number of Fortune 500 clients in the chemical, refining and pharmaceutical sectors. They/We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
We DO NOT contact our client companies on your behalf without your approval.
CAVEATS: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating chemical, refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
Visit our updated website at [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply to browse available job opportunities, candidates, industry news, and more.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.