To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Vienna, VA 22180
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant-Vienna, VA
Creative Financial Staffing • Vienna, VA
Posted 2 months ago
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading service organization in the Northern Virginia (Vienna, VA) market and they're looking to hire a Senior Accountant. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. Growing company that operates nationally that offers opportunities for professional development and growth.
Very comprehensive benefits plan. For example, full time employees start off with 28 days of PTO. This does not include holidays. Flexibility with commuting and work schedules with a business casual work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
An accounting degree is required with 2-4 years of accounting operations experience such as AP, AR including billing, bank recs, GL account reconciliations, journal entries through the month end close. Good Excel skills such as pivot tables, v-look-ups are also preferred. Billing experience is not required, the company will train.
Keywords: accounting, accountant, senior accountant, operations, finance, financial analysis