- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum six-months experience working with the homeless population in an emergency shelter environment
Computer literacy - to include competence in the following Microsoft applications - word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and the internet
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Detail oriented; organization and file management skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check
- Bilingual capabilities desired
- Ability to work varying shifts
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.