Atlantic Broadband is currently the United States' 9th largest cable provider and was recently purchased by Cogeco Cable in 2012. Atlantic Broadband is an independent cable systems company providing services to more than 250,000 customers in the mid-Atlantic and Southeast US. The Company acquired cable television systems owned by Charter Communications in Western Pennsylvania, Maryland/Delaware and Florida.
Under general supervision, responsible for performing field technical work and servicing customer problems; trouble shooting, repair and maintenance of the cable television system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Key responsibilities/skills :
- Perform customer drop installations and repair (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in single and multi-family dwellings including pre-wired units: perform installations within NEC requirements and local ordinances
- Perform new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects, add outlets: install and remove converters: provide customer with upgrades or downgrades in service
- Educate customer on channel lineup, use of converter and FCC regulations as they relate to the customer
- Customer Focus- Demonstrate a high level of service delivery: makes customers and their needs a primary focus of actions.
- Respond to service calls; troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to improve customer picture quality and resolve related problems.
- Monitor and repair signal leakage. Maintain tools and converter inventory.
- Maintain records including daily logs, gas sheets, etc. as required.
- Accurately complete work orders in a timely manner, maintain, secure and stock assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair or replace any defective components from the tap to the connection of the customer's equipment.
- Replace defective or damages tap plates.
- Restore system service outages as service calls require
- Makes necessary repairs and/or adjustments to comply with company and FCC standards.
Must possess a valid Driver's License and a safe driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds).
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position.
We offer the following benefits:
Vacation Time, Personal Days, 401k w/matching, Share Purchase, Medical and Dental benefits, Vision care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.