To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
158 N Egerton Road
Hendersonville, NC 28758
- Human Resources Manager
- Phone: 828-393-1240
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Haynes International • Hendersonville, NC
Posted 2 months ago
To follow and support all company policies, procedures and guidelines. Develop and maintain a high standard of customer service both to internal and external customers. Provide assistance in material flow and complete shipment transactions timely and accurately to the end customer. Complete all shipping documentation for ongoing domestic and export shipments. Oversee daily operations of 1 shipping clerk and 2 warehouse operators.
1. Follow, support, effectively communicate and train staff on all company policies, procedures, guidelines, and health, safety and environmental requirements. Conduct departmental meetings to ensure efficient operation and safety practices (OHM) are reported and adhered to.
2. Coordinate and monitor the arrangement of general and special shipping and traffic needs. Coordinate the scheduling of freight carriers to select the most cost effective options.
3. Prepare accurate shipping documentation for all outgoing shipments (bills of lading, manifests, other documentations) both domestic and export.
4. Provide back-up coverage for other areas as necessary, including department coverage during absences. Manage time and resources responsibly.
5. Process UPS/Federal Express/DHL orders and print required product labels as necessary.
6. Evaluate best freight rates and choose appropriate carrier as required. Call and schedule carriers for pickup.
7. Communicate and schedule with freight forwarding companies on export orders.
8. Obtain proper credit release from Credit Department on outgoing shipments as required.
9. Interact with co-workers in the office and throughout the company in a professional manner at all times.
10. Monitor and ensure shipping/receiving procedures meet customer requirements and ISO and other regulatory requirements.
11. Effectively control and monitor department work lists and schedules daily.
12. Supervise shipping/receiving staff and minimize overtime while meeting department goals.
13. Ensure production/shipping and quality requirements are met through cross training and effective utilization of department resources. Ensure employee training matrix documentation is up to date to meet production/shipping requirements.
14. Monitor, review and coordinate employee time and pay records effectively.
15. Communicate with other shift supervisors to maintain product flow and ensure smooth shift transition to meet production goals.
Haynes International, Inc. DBA Haynes Wire Company produces primarily weld wire products in Mountain Home, NC. The facility is operated by over 60 skilled individuals on 3 shifts, 5 days a week.
Haynes International is one of the foremost producers of high-quality, high performance Nickel- and Cobalt-base alloy products in the world. Starting with high quality rod coil from Haynes International in Indiana, Haynes Wire Company located in Fletcher, NC draws to reduce the wire size to diameters ranging from over ¼ inch down to just a few thousands of an inch.
Our priorities, in the following order, are to work safe, ensure a quality product, deliver products on time, and use good judgement to reduce waste and maintain profitability.
We take pride in our excellent safety record, 98% on time delivery rating and the team of long term staff who maintain the Mill’s success!
- Low cost health, dental and vision insurance is offered after 60 days of employment.
100% company paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance is provided after 60 days of employment.
Company matching 401K is available each quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1) coinciding with or following the completion of three months of service.
In addition to paid vacation days, all eligible Full Time Employees receive paid time off for the following 12 Holidays: New Year's Day, Easter Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, Christmas Holidays (4).
Excellent pay and employment growth opportunities, including tuition reimbursement.
Role Qualifications: Required & Preferred
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent (R), 2 year Associate’s, Bachelor’s or equivalent education and experience (P)
Experience: 3-5 years manufacturing environment experience (R) 2 years supervision (P)
Areas of Knowledge: Effective Supervising (P), Scheduling (P), Computer literacy (R), Manufacturing (R), Shipping and Receiving and transportation (R), Data entry (R), Computer operations and general office practices (P). Knowledge and experience in shipping processes (P).
Skills: Interpersonal communication, organization, basic office equipment operation knowledge, computer literacy, multi-task oriented, problem solving (R)
All candidates must be able to pass drug test, have a clean criminal history and be able to pass a physical. In addition, candidates should be able to read, write and understand English.