This is responsible to ensure fulfillment of all contractual obligations through an integrated strategic framework of subcontracting with small and diverse businesses. This effort includes responsibility for small business reporting and regulatory compliance to multiple federal government agencies, as well as the development of initiatives to expand small and diverse business partnerships in support of business objectives. This is a key government compliance role in handling Small Business (SB) Office operational requirements following policies, procedures and Federal Government Small Business requirements as well as communicating with parties external to the organization. The individual acts as back-up to the GCS Small Business Liaison Officer.
• Collect, document, monitor and analyze supply base for business size and Small Business classification compliance; track performance to supplier diversity improvement initiatives / objectives, monitor attainment of projections to goals and plans, and assess utilization gaps. Maintain monthly, quarterly, annual reporting records. Prepare internal and federal customer required reports.
• Evaluate RFP requirements for Small Business utilization and participation. Coordinate / support development and implementation of customer required subcontracting plans; prepare customer required Small Business subcontracting performance reports to plan.
• Review and approve Large Business (LB) supplier subcontracting plans for compliance to regulations; monitor and approve LB suppliers' individual subcontracting performance reports to plan.
• Support the review, research, analysis and resolution of inquiries raised by DCMA Office of Small Business Programs, Small Business Administration or other federal government Small Business professionals, including support of Small Business program compliance reviews, ensuring continued approved status of Small Business program.
• Represent Supplier Diversity Program through public-facing outreach events and participation in federal procurement Small Business supplier conferences and industry meetings. Interface with government and government Small Business professionals as required.
• Conduct Small Business utilization training sessions for supply chain personnel. Keep attuned on changes to Small Business regulations and assist with providing guidance to supply chain.
• Assist in developing / implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations. Develop / refine desk processes, recommend improvements, and identify best practices increasing efficiency.
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain disciplines (e.g. procurement) or contract administration
• Experience with data gathering and analysis; developing clear and concise communications.
• Knowledge of the FAR relative to small business regulations
• Experience with eSRS, ISRs, SSRs and other small business compliance processes
• Organization skills, ability to set priorities and multitask, quickly learn business
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
• Skilled oral, written and presentation capabilities
• Proficiency in utilizing MS Office Applications - Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Intermediate to advanced experience with databases, Microsoft Office products particularly Excel is required