To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sparta, TN 38583
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hormann LLC • Sparta, TN
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Process Engineer is responsible for organizing and managing various projects related to process development and implementation. Hörmann operates the business using SAP and the process engineer is responsible for representing physical processes within the architecture of SAP.
● Create and Maintain Critical Documents: Documents include but are not limited to; drawings, procedures, inventories, timelines and other technical documents related to project work.
● Each department has processes that require documented procedures for each physical step and each physical activity must be reflected in the SAP system. Defining the routings of these processes is within the scope of the Process Engineer’s responsibilities.
● Participate in and at times lead workshops to coordinate with various departments and external consultants to implement system extensions, upgrades or improvements.
● Maintain tables and reports within SAP or other external programs that are critical to system operation.
● Evaluate Processes and Implement Improvements: Production and process improvements will be considered. Implementation of such improvements could include activities such as time efficiency studies, cost analysis, process changes and if additional equipment is necessary determining the specifications of the necessary equipment.
● As a Process Engineer additional assignments may be given which could require the utilization of any number of company resources to achieve task objectives. Such projects could require any number of skills or resources outside of the normal scope of the position, however, such assignments are to be expected.
Process Engineer(s) shall:
● Have obtained or actively in the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent. Masters or advanced level course work is a plus.
● At least 5 years of post-graduate experience in related work.
● Have substantial experience and be able to demonstrate proficiency with the following software programs: MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and AutoCAD.
● Have experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software package such as Oracle, JD Edwards, or SAP. Hörmann LLC manages operations with SAP; therefore, experience with this package is preferred
● Have the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
The nature of working in a laboratory environment requires that a person exhibit a certain care in their activities. Therefore, all lab staff, including Process Engineer(s) must:
● Be detailed in the execution of tests which includes following all instructions laid out in testing procedures.
● Be detailed in the observation of tests; taking note of any observed irregularities that happen throughout the running of a test.
● Be detailed in their work taking special precautions with regards to safety and security.
● Be open and honest with fellow lab staff, testing engineer(s) and the engineering manager to ensure the quality of laboratory results while fostering an open, honest and ethical work environment.
Although certainly not a daily occurrence, Process Engineer(s) are expected to be hands on in the preparation of some tests which may require extraneous physical activity to complete. Also, in the completion of their work, regular trips into areas of production will be necessary, therefore, Process Engineer(s) must be physically able to safely maneuver in production areas.
Product Engineer(s) will be required to use a variety of computer based software packages.
As an international corporation Hörmann LLC prizes diversity in all positions, therefore, candidates with second language ability especially in Spanish or German will be given additional consideration; however, fluency in English is required.