To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Canton, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Yazaki • Canton, MI
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Yazaki is a global leader in the research, development and delivery of vehicle power and data solutions.
Yazaki works with virtually every major auto manufacturer in the world, and we've strived to maintain strategic and stable growth throughout our 83-year history. Today, we're on the lookout for energetic people with the potential to perform, as well as the ability to strengthen - and thrive in - the positive work environment we pride ourselves on.
Location: Canton, MI
Candidate will work on-site at the customer facilities to route, package the wire harness, and define retention and covering components. Lead interface to customer for customer change control, technical, issues, and program engineering deliverables. Support continuous improvement of the design.
Unique to Sr. Engineer: Train and mentor less experienced Engineers and substitute for Supervisor as required.
Unique to Principal Engineer: Same as Sr. Engineer plus use expertise to identify and apply best practices, technologies and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Routing, Packaging, Retention and Protection
• Direct creation of 2D wire harness drawings based on customer inputs (3D data, Engineering Changes, red-marks, etc.)
• Package components and wire harnesses into vehicles in the 3D environment, including splice locations at the harness level (where a splice is placed on the wire harness)
• Define customer-directed components
• Define retention and covering components (convolute, tape, etc.) to be used on the wire harness
• Initiate NCRs (New Component Requests) and interface with Advanced Purchasing, Provisional Component Engineering, and ComBU for the development and approval of new-tooled components
• Support customer in component selection
• Support Design reviews and DFM analysis.
• Support analysis of circuitry and sub-systems.
Customer Change Control
• Maintain customer part release system per statement of work
• Review customer engineering change documents for completeness and accuracy
• Communicate to customer the content and status of the design, design changes, and build requirements
• Provide customer responses for cost studies
• Update engineering issues in change management systems
• Release non-Yazaki parts (screws, standard parts, etc.) into the customer system per statement of work
Customer and Internal Design Requirements
• Ensure design meets customer and internal requirements
• Create and submit in BEAMS print markups for product designs that meet customer specifications and requirements, including DFA (Design for Vehicle Assembly)
• Collaborate with DVP&R (Design Verification Process & Report) team to validate customer requirements
• Develop and maintain program-specific, harness DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
• Evaluate information provided by the customer as applied to the product/project for completeness and accuracy
• Initiate customer plant trials, document results of the trial, and obtain customer sign-off
• Support assembly plant instructions for customer per statement of work
Engineering Customer Interface
• Lead customer interface for technical issues and program engineering deliverables
• Represent YNA Engineering at customer change control meetings and design reviews (e.g., technical design review, digital buck review, system compatibility review, etc.)
• Represent YNA manufacturing to customer to support YNA DFM (Design for Manufacturing) guidelines
• Support vehicle builds and launches at customer pilot and assembly plants
Continuous Improvement of the Design
• Generate cost savings ideas and attend VAVE (Value Analysis Value Engineering) workshops
• Trace technical issues and problems to root cause
• Support customer initiatives such as cost and warranty reduction activities, etc.
Additional Responsibilities for Sr. Engineer and Principal Engineer
• Train and mentor less experienced Engineers as required
• Act as substitute for Supervisor as required
• Create and revise work instructions, processes and procedures
• Create, and modify specifications and design guidelines
Additional Responsibilities for Principal Engineer
• Determine best practices and design processes
• Develop strategies to facilitate engineering objectives, (process improvement, cost reduction, DFM, continuous improvement, etc.)
BSEE, BSME or equivalent experience
Automotive engineering experience preferred
On Call Requirements:
Ability to troubleshoot and rework wire harnesses, in warehouses or assembled on vehicles, during wire harness or vehicle builds
Ability to lift wire harness assemblies up to 40 pounds
Ability to climb inside of vehicles to troubleshoot and rework
Yazaki North America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap, veteran status, or other legally protected status or characteristic. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship. Yazaki North America complies with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws and strives to keep the workplace free from all forms of harassment.