Urology practice located in Princeton; NJ is seeking an LPN to become a part of our team. This position is full-time and needed for 4 days a week (10 hrs shifts). The candidate will provide clinical support and customer service to our providers in the office.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Escort patients from the reception room to exam room in a warm and friendly manner
· Obtain and enter patient history, chief complaint, and update medication list into the electronic health record
· Provide patient education with regards to office policies, medications, management of disease, home treatments and special diets.
· Alert physician with any problems with daily schedule
· Take vital signs and/ or obtain urine sample as determined by visit
· Administer injections, assist with SP tube & catheter changes, assist with instillations, etc.
· Di stribute medications as directed by physician
· Prepare exam room and patient for procedures
· Explain procedures to patients and obtains signed consents
· Set up and assist providers with procedures using appropriate sterile technique
· Perform non-invasive procedures such as bladder scans, urinalysis (UA), uroflows, etc.
· Maintain clean and aseptic exam rooms and lab station in compliance with OSHA standar ds
· Must be comfort able with Phlebotomy
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing;
- Valid New Jersey State LPN License
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with varying populations
- Ability to work well in fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Knowledge of computerized processes and data entry procedures.
- Experience with EMR system and digital charts. Experience with EClinical Works or EPIC a plus!
- Full-time. Mon-Fri. 8a-4p
- All major holidays OFF- *if scheduled on a holiday
- Urology experience is a plus!
- Customer Service
- Medical Terminology
- Nursing Care