To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- David Linke - Aerosource
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Plant Quality Manager - Aerospace
Aerosource - executive search • US-Nationwide
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Plant Quality Manager - Aerospace components
(All inquiries will remain confidential)
The Plant Quality Manager is responsible for implementation, maintenance, audit, and continuous improvement of the quality system and quality processes in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Provide direct leadership support for the Quality Team including both exempt and non-exempt team members
- Ensure compliance to customer quality requirements and company quality policies
- Proactively lead quality process improvement initiatives using technical/statistical problem solving and prevention-oriented quality principles and practices
- Responsible for product quality, including inspection/testing processes and product acceptance
- Collaborates directly with Global Quality, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Engineering and Sales to assure first-time, on-time product conformance to requirements at minimum quality cost
- Develops plans to achieve plant strategy and objectives while supporting the attainment of corporate goals
- Coordination of in-plant quality related training and operator certification activities
- Represents the Company during customer audits and quality system audits, as well as through direct interactions with customers and suppliers regarding product quality matters.
- Lead multi-disciplined continuous improvement projects and teams focused on cost, scrap, rework, and first pass.
Rotorcraft components, vibration control, rotor components.
Quality Systems - Aerospace - Model for Quality Assurance in Design, Development, Production, Installation and Servicing AS9100
Standard AS9100 includes ASQ 9001:2000 quality system requirements and specifies additional requirements for the quality system of the aerospace industry. For those not involved in design activities (Ref. ASQ 9002), 4.4 is not applicable. It is emphasized that the quality system requirements specified in AS9100 are complementary (not alternative) to the contractual and applicable law and regulatory requirements. If you require the most recent version of this standard, please refer to AS9100A.
AS9100D AS9100C AS9100B AS9100A AS9100
CASA, Aerospatiale BHR Dechaux Guimbal Heli Air Design (HAD) Sud Aviation (SA) IN india HAL (HAL) IT italy Agusta Alpi Helicopter (alpi) Breda Nardi Curti Aerospace Elicotteri Meridionali (EM)HeliSport Silvercraft JP japan Fuji Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) Mitsubishi Subaru Yamaha KR south korea KAI TGR Helicorp Aviation Artur Trendak (Trendak) IAR (IAR) Agan (Agan) HeliWhale Kamov Mil Russian Helicopters CybAero Saab Cierva Fairey Saunders Roe Wallis Westland US usBell Boeing (B) Boeing-Vertol (B-V) Brantly Canadian Home Rotors Carter Aerospace Cessna Enstrom Erickson Fairchild-Hiller (F-H) Gyrodyne Hiller Hughes Kaman Lockheed Martin (LM) McDonnell Douglas b(Mc.D.D) MD Helicopters (MDh) NASA Northrop-Grumman (N-G) Piasecki Platt-LePage Revolution Helicopter Robinson Rotor Flight Dynamics Rotorway Schweizer Seibel Sikorsky Soloy Soko Atlas Aircraft (atlas) Denel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent education and experience with active pursuit of a degree
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of Quality related experience with increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated process management/lean manufacturing/continuous improvement experience as well as knowledge and experience with quality system standards
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to lead teams and develop positive relationships with coworkers, customers, suppliers, and auditors
- Approachable and able to effectively communicate advanced quality concepts, plans, and technical data, internally and externally at all levels.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes and related process controls is required.
- Demonstrated competency and professionalism in interactions with executive management, vendors, customers and team members
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment (Strong preference) precision machining, Mil-spec, stamping, presses, coatings.
- Solid working knowledge of mechanical processes utilized in the manufacture of aerospace components.
- Experience with SAP ERP.