NASC is currently searching for Software Engineers to support system integration and improvement of acoustic sensors on U.S. NAWC Aircraft. Working with moderately complex software programming applications to develop, modify and maintain sensor integration acoustic sensor systems. This position participates in design and coding activities with other staff members. Assignments may involve designing and documenting data structures and algorithms, participating in code reviews, providing technical assistance to team members, reviewing technical documentation, providing software design recommendations, and establish programming standards.
- Use mathematical, statistical, and scientific logic to identify conceptual or theoretical solutions to problems of automated data processing (ADP) hardware or software systems design and operations.
- Analyze and formulate architectural and functional specifications, interfaces, and data structures.
- Research applications for ADP hardware, software, and operating systems.
- May require acting as a team lead to supervise other software engineers.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Information Management, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics.
- At least 3+ years of computer science experience, developing/writing code.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of computer hardware and software systems including, but not limited to Solaris UNIX, Aonix UNIX, SunOS, Linux, Linuxworks, LynxOS, Microsoft DOS, Microsoft Windows, mass-storage devices and/or local area networks (LANs).
- Candidate must have the ability to develop software using structured top-down methods in a variety of languages including Java, C++, SQL, and/or the UNIX Command Language using the UNIX SDE.
- Candidate must have a current secret clearance.
Sql (Programming Language)
C++ (Programming Language)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-07-002
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Since its inception in 1977, Navmar Applied Sciences Corporation has provided engineering and technical services in support of the Department of Defense. By providing our customers with quality products and consistently exceeding customer expectations, we have grown to a 200+ employee company with more than 10 locations spread throughout the United States, as well as supporting the global war on terrorism overseas.
View the full profile
Navmar began by providing highly specialized acoustics engineering and analysis support to the Naval Air Warfare Center in Warminster, Pennsylvania. Here our engineering staff worked in concert with naval base researchers to develop new innovations in anti-submarine warfare. In 1991 the government implemented a nationwide Base Realignment and Closure, or more commonly known as "BRAC". Among other locations, the operations and research at the Naval Air Warfare Center in Warminster were to be relocated to the Patuxent River Naval Base in Maryland. BRAC is complex and difficult, and the move impacts people's lives and the communities that they live in. All the while, the military and effected bases need to continue operations and research. Navmar stepped in to help facilitate the BRAC move of the Warminster location to Patuxent River. We provided an array of services to the base during this period. A primary service we provided was creating a method for the highly technical and specialized personnel of the base to continue working with the Navy during the transition. Over the years our technical expertise expanded to include avionics, air vehicles, sensors, electro-optics, prototyping and systems integration. Our staff at Patuxent River has grown, and we expanded operations to San Diego, California and Chester, Pennsylvania.