The American Legion’s subject matter expert for national defense policies and programs. Serve as the expert liaison to the National Security Commission: provide reports; plans events; and testify before Congress. Maintain professional contacts throughout the Pentagon, Department of State, and Capitol Hill. Additionally, this position will also track the progression of legislation to include the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
· International relations, geography, political history, diplomatic history, economics, and government.
· Research, analytical, writing and speaking skills.
· Awareness of the federal budgeting process.
· Experience with Microsoft and Internet computer systems is highly desirable.
· Media/spokesperson training.