Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.
The Ryan White Mental Health Team provides services on an outpatient basis to meet the mental health needs of persons with HIV and AIDS, as well as their family members and significant others. The social worker is an integral part of the team, who helps patients and families cope with the impact of life threatening illness.
Social Work Tasks and Roles
1. Conduct biopsychosocial assessments, mental status examinations, and formulate diagnoses.
2. Formulate treatment plan after three visits and thereafter every three months.
3. Provide individual, couple, family, and group counseling.
4. Provide crisis intervention services as needed.
5. Provide concrete services and referrals as needed.
6. Attend weekly interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
7. Assess clinic needs, design and implement appropriate groups, such as a women’s support group, stress management group, general support groups, and men’s support group.
8. Participate in ID staff meetings, Psychiatry and Social Work Grand Rounds.
9. Maintain appropriate case records and statistical reports.
1. A valid Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) license or a Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) license issued by the New York State Education Department.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Master Social Worker