To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Minerals - Mill Manager/Plant Manager
United Employment Associates • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Mill Manager is responsible for overseeing the Mill Production Department. He/She will be responsible for directing operations in a manner that fosters employee engagement, while meeting production and customer needs. Establish and maintain a safe working environment, regularly interface with Sales and Marketing to ensure customers’ needs are being met, and actively promote the safety culture in all work activities.
- Developing subordinates, directing, training, supervising, scheduling and overall management of the Mill to ensure quality output at minimum cost.
- Coordinates with Quality Assurance to ensure products are produced in accordance with customer specifications, ensures compliance with in-process testing and sampling and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Designs and engineers capital projects directed toward expansion and improvements in efficiency and cost control.
- Monitors and evaluates existing systems and processes to make recommendations for efficiency improvements.
- Maintains production rates to best utilize equipment and labor while managing costs to budget.
- Assists in the design of, and generates cost estimates for maintenance, production and portions of all capital projects at the facility.
- Directly responsible for maintaining good employee relations in accordance with Company philosophies. This includes coordinating and ensuring performance management and employee development.
- Builds a safety work culture committed to risk reduction, accountability and prevention.
- Acts as resource and champion for department continuous improvement activities (Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, etc.).
- Manages individual employee involvement in continuous improvement activities to ensure equal opportunities are available for all department members to participate and contribute.
- Promotes the development and advancement of the High Performance Work System in the department.
- Helps in the development of SOPs, leads safety audits.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
For additional information:
Phone: (610) 437-5040 Ext. 105
Bachelor’s Degree in related technical or business field (preferred)
Minimum of 5 years management experience in an industry-related field
Experience in diverse functional roles
Well-developed business understanding
Customer focus for both internal and external customers
Strong oral and written communication skills