Position responsible for leading/training and coordinating lesser experienced workers engaged in the daily operation and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.Job Description
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid City of Houston First Grade Engineer License.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years hands-on boiler experience.
- Ability to understand and perform work involving technical problems and the completion of apprentice training.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results
- Oversees, operates and maintains the boiler, air conditioning and heating systems.
- Assures all logs and records of operations and repairs are maintained; assures supply trucks are unloaded and supplies are inventoried. Conducts fire drills, practicing equipment drills and emergency generator tests.
- Supervises urgent, corrective, routine and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required; performs preventative maintenance on equipment and physical structures as required, assures calls for work requests from the hospital after hours are answered and action taken in timely manner by appropriate staff.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Grade 1 Stationary Engineer License from the City of Houston
Coaching And Mentoring
Hardworking And Dedicated