The Ocean County Utilities Authority, a public wastewater treatment facility consisting of three treatment plants and 40 pumping stations, is presently seeking an experienced Wastewater Treatment Operator. The position is located in West Creek , NJ.
Experience operating a public wastewater treatment system is required. The candidate must possess a New Jersey DEP S-1, 2, 3, or 4 License. Must be able to perform laboratory tests necessary to monitor and control plant processes, work rotating shifts and be able to provide direction to certain personnel when necessary. Must be computer literate and possess good written and verbal communication skills.
The Authority offers a competitive salary ranging from $56,160+ based on licensure plus paid overtime and shift differential. We offer a strong benefits package that includes NJ State health benefits, pension (PERS), and generous paid time off and holidays. Relocation is not available. Candidates in Ocean County are preferred. For immediate consideration, please apply today.
The Ocean County Utilities Authority
An Equal Opportunity Employer
1. Rotating shift work as assigned which may include responsibility for an operating shift in the absence of the Shift Supervisor or Operators II, III, or IV. In such cases, the Operator I will ensure that operations continue in accordance with Authority policies and procedures.
2. Handle daily operations of the Authority’s treatment facilities.
3. Maintain records and prepare reports as required.
4. Perform data entry on operational spreadsheets.
5. Generate SAP Notifications.
6. Monitor and control the Authority’s SCADA system.
7. Perform laboratory tests and analyses as required
8. Enforce all Authority safety procedures and ensure that safe work practices are being followed by assigned personnel.
9. Required to perform tasks using self-contained breathing apparatus or respirator.
10. Responsible and liable for tools and equipment utilized by the Operations Staff.
11. Responsible to monitor the general security and normal operating condition of the plant site on a 24/7 basis.
12. Be available for emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.