PK Management LLC, a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has openings for a part-time Office Assistant (some affordable housing experience preferred). We are seeking self-motivated and career-minded individuals to join our team here. Professional and friendly work environment. Salary commensurate with experience, with competitive bonus and incentive opportunities. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for supporting various departments and/or property supervisors administratively and assisting in project as assigned by the department/supervisor. The Office Assistant is often the first communication point of the department/property supervisor and should demonstrate exemplary service. This position operates within and contributes to an environment that complies with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Due to the variation of the position, the Office Assistant may be responsible for any of the following responsibilities:
• Provide general administrative support to the department and/or property supervisor.
• Arrange travel accommodations, as needed.
• Receive and process invoices, checks, and tax-related documents.
• Organize meetings, conference calls and training sessions, as necessary.
• Attend meetings and take minutes for participants.
• Design Power-Point presentations.
• Assist in proofreading of documents (i.e., letters, manuals, annual reports, etc.).
• Coordinate mass mailings.
• Design brochures, posters and flyers, as required.
• Create and implement central filling system.
• Type letters, documents, business plans, etc.
• Other responsibilities as requested by the department and/or property supervisor.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Administrative Skills – general office duties, writing letters, answering phones, filing, preparing reports,
interpreting policies and procedures, proficiency in office equipment.
• Analytical Skills – ability to create and compare statistical data; ability to analyze monthly bills; ability to
conduct research on various topics. .
• Communication/Language Skills – ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with all levels of
employees, outside agencies and manage large volumes of correspondence; ability to proofread documents;
ability to interpret HUD manuals.
• Computer Skills – Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, PowerPoint, One-Site.
• Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize and schedule multiple projects simultaneously; ability to effectively
organize records/ files; ability to set up meetings, travel arrangements and training registrations
• Creative Skills – ability to create letters, memorandums, sales brochures, flyers, meeting presentations, forms
• Leadership Skills – ability to act as a role model and team-builder.
• Mathematical Skills – ability to use basis mathematical skills.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level and involves walking, standing, and sitting. Walking is required for property tours and may expose you to weather conditions. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 25 pounds when accepting resident packages.
Education: High School Diploma; Some college beneficial
Work Experience: 1-3 years of experience in a business-related field, prefer previous office experience.
Must have HUD and Tax Credit Experience
Licenses: Valid driver’s license with insurance required
Microsoft Power Point