- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves that regulate operation treatment plant.
- Reads and records gauges, meters, and readouts.
- Adds chemicals to treatment process to support coagulation and pH control.
- Processes system derived sludge through filter press or other applicable equipment.
- Collects and tests water samples for laboratory and on-site analysis.
- Performs all scheduled maintenance, service, and new additions of treatment equipment
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of maintenance and system performance data.
- Coordinates with project team to order supplies, i.e. equipment, treatment chemicals, and material handling/disposal services.
- Compiles data for operating reports
- Troubleshoots treatment equipment issues and coordinates necessary repairs.
- Responds to off-hours emergencies, as needed, and directed by facility manager or project manager
- Handles labor and construction duties in accordance with project requirements
- Adheres to GES health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) standards in all activities.
- Responsible for shift operation of the waste water treatment as demanded by weather conditions, will include work at night and/or weekends.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-6+ years of related fieldwork experience.
- Must be agreeable to a flexible work schedule, as business needs require.
- North Carolina Wastewater Treatment License is a plus.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be detail oriented, reliable, self-motivated, a team player, and have the ability to take direction. Good communication, organizational, and time management skills are necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., and participate in manual labor, including bending and lifting.
- During employment, must be will to submit to monthly urine analysis testing for mercury.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity.EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Production Equipment Controls
Personal Protective Equipment
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 505495
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
GES was founded in 1985 as a privately-held consulting firm providing a total environmental solution: assessment, engineering, remediation, site closure, and liability management services. Our founding partners were determined to create a company that fostered teamwork, creativity, a can-do attitude, and a commitment to providing excellent service. GES has grown by developing opportunities for its employees through geographic expansion, service diversification, and a keen anticipation of our clients’ evolving needs. Our first clients remain clients today, joined by many of the world’s most prominent petroleum and manufacturing companies.
View the full profile
With a consistent vision, GES attracts and retains the best minds and greatest talent with opportunities for creativity and professional development. Our people are some of the highest-skilled, hardest-working employees in the business. The result? Creative approaches, advancements in remediation technology, alternative contracting mechanisms, and efficient service delivery methods that return value to our clients.
Today, with 700 employees serving clients nationwide – and internationally, GES is poised for steady growth and increased leadership in the environmental field.
At GES, our knowledge comes directly from the experience of our in-house experts: engineers, environmental scientists, hydrogeologists, program managers, and technicians. Because we firmly believe knowledge is not valuable unless used, our experts use their knowledge every day to develop and employ some of the most innovative processes and tools in the industry.