Position: General Sales Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
Smart City is a hyper-personalized, human-centered apartment locating service that saves renters time and money when searching for a new place to live. A unique lead generation system paired with our proprietary internal technology has created over 4300% growth in six years. Smart City has caused a major disruption in an antiquated apartment locating industry, all while being able to scale to a significant $22m in revenue with no outside funding. Even more impressive and unlike many startups in the real estate space, Smart City has continued to remain profitable during all high growth periods.
Smart City is looking for a talented General Sales Manager to lead day-to-day sales operations and a team of 60+ sales representatives through the next phase of high growth.
Scope: The General Sales Manager is responsible for assigned market sales operations, growth, hiring, maintaining COGS on P&L, and ensuring world-class customer service through people driven systems and processes. The GSM will be held accountable to revenue and sales metrics of the organization. This role will grow the team by hiring the right people, keeping performance standards exceptional and providing ongoing direction and training to Sales Managers through a true embodiment of our core values.
- Responsible for exceptional and consistent customer experience throughout assigned market
- Complete ownership over revenue growth, profitability, and sales related KPIs in assigned market
- Manage COGS & Gross Margin P&L, and work directly with leadership to create fair market compensation plans and incentive adjustments as the market matures
- Create, refine, implement and enforce the execution of all sales processes
- Mentor and train Sales Managers to develop skills and growth trajectories throughout the company
- Create a continuous communication loop with the Training Manager to ensure all new processes are being taught and leveraging new hire feedback
- Ensure thorough and effective communication within all teams
- Ensure the right people are in the right seats by consistently assessing sales metrics and embodiment of Core Values
- Accountable for participating in cross-functional communication across the entire company
- Analyze data and trends to implement strategies that achieve exceptional customer service and continuous growth
- Responsible for all hiring, firing, and personnel related decisions within assigned market
- Oversee budget and expenses for assigned market
- Hire and retain people that fit our culture
- Persuasional verbal and written communication
- Build high functioning, high performing and accountable teams
- Motivate and provide ongoing direction to sales leadership, develop skills and create growth trajectories within the company
- Manage performance standards and expectations
- Conduct performance and salary reviews
- Collaborate with managers to build effective development and training plans
- 3+ years of sales management experience
- Must have managed a large team of salespeople, including managing managers
- Core value alignment
- Results driven and customer focused
- Continuous learning mindset
- Natural curiosity, always seeking to improve practices and processes
- Detail oriented with strong follow through
- Very strong written and verbal communicator
- Advanced knowledge of CRM, pipeline, and sales management
- Ability to analyze data and processes, and problem solve under pressure
- Understanding of a basic P&L, COGS, and Gross Margin
- Exceptional ability to motivate and coach people
- Understanding of Mac osx and iPhone ios
Who We Are
We are more than just an apartment locating company. We love what we do, and we work all the time because to us, it doesn’t feel like work. We believe that professionalism is doing what you say you’re going to do. We pride ourselves on teamwork, and we live for helping others. We get excited when faced with a tough challenge and go the extra mile to achieve our goals. We believe in quick communication, accessibility, transparency, and having fun while putting in good old fashioned hard work. We go above and beyond, we are hyper-personalize, and we make friends, not clients. You are not just another e-mail address, and we are not just another real estate service. We are Smart City.
Here’s what our company believes in:
- Honor Bound – We do what we say we’re going to do, and we don’t need to wear a suit and tie to do it.
- Overachievers – We always go the extra mile.
- Never Settle – We are constantly striving for growth, both personally and professionally.
- Optimistic – We are a genuine force of positivity, not like rainbows and butterflies, but like, life is good.
- Real People- We treat everyone like friends, and we’re real human beings who make mistakes sometimes. Let’s learn from it and move forward.
Our team is extremely important to us and we’re excited to have been recognized as one of Glassdoor’s ‘2018 Best Places to Work’.
Perks - you know you want ‘em
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive and flexible health benefits plan
- Flex PTO
- Downtown Dallas office, just outside of the concrete jungle
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual professional self-development stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dogs as far as the eye can see
We Take Equality Seriously
Smart City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon the candidate’s completion of a Form I-9 and delivery of appropriate documentation to establish the candidate’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.