Delight the company’s customers by working in conjunction with the sales team or project management team to ensure that each project runs through the entire lifecycle flawlessly. Provide exceptional customer service by ensuring orders are delivered in full and on time per project schedules. Understand projects from a schedule and an inventory perspective. A results-oriented, self-starter who will work with internal departments to deliver product according to detailed project schedules. Key departments to contact may include production, shipping and logistics. The PA I must work to remove any roadblocks to guarantee on-time shipment. Monitor jobs through the entire order to billing cycle, including providing invoicing per customer specifications. When required, analyze or troubleshoot complex projects for situations like billing disputes. Provide tenacious follow-up for both the customer, the sales team & project management team to make sure each is receiving critical updates without delay. Respond to inquiries about products and services while supporting the outside sales team. The Project Administrator I will be passionate about cross-functional continuous improvement and will raise opportunities to the management staff for review and implementation with a focus on Customer Service and Logistics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to process improvement, mat job project management, answering incoming phone calls, order entry and invoicing.
- The PA owns the customer experience from order or conversion of quote to billing for specific customers / project managers or salespeople. The PA will also be the back-up for specific customers when the primary contact is not available. Availability on the weekend will be required, either in the form of a shifted schedule (Tuesday through Saturday) or an on-call program.
- Troubleshoot or analyze complex projects using a novice or higher expertise in Excel.
- Be able to manage priorities of analysis and daily operational activities with ease.
- Understand basic inventory principles and help to troubleshoot inventory issues when required.
- At the beginning of strategic projects, schedule a kick-off call to address complex issues to make sure everyone on the internal and external Sterling teams understands how to drive special requests through our internal systems and processes.
- Review customer project schedules, rental or lease agreements, purchase orders and acknowledgments for accuracy. Hold the sales team accountable for good inputs and provide specific feedback of any additional information that is required. Escalate input issues that become perpetual. Follow-up to ensure that the order is being processed per plan. Must be capable of addressing order exceptions to the benefit of both the customer and the company. Inform the customer and/or sales team of any changes to the order, such as delivery dates. Drive the post-sales process successfully through to invoicing, while always maintaining focus on the customer experience.
- Strive for a goal of zero credit memos. When a customer is requesting a credit, investigate the root cause. If needed, challenge the credit, but with knowledge of the commercial impact. Record as a problem tracking, understand our error trends and help to brainstorm process improvements.
- Work with the customer, sales team or the project managers to ensure that sales tax is represented correctly. Understand the internal process to validate sales tax and if needed, have discussions with the customer to get the correct paperwork, under the direction of finance, if required.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience. Not satisfied with the status-quo. Work cross-functionally to implement process improvements.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly. Direct customers to the correct department as required.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and, long term, document interactions through contact tracking.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including but not limited to;
- Accurate invoicing within the first 2 to 4 business days of the month. Proactively prepare for the billing cycle throughout each month. After rental contracts close, bill as quickly as possible following the last collection of mats. Work with logistics to have bill of lading documents collected prior to the billing cycle. Sales Orders should be billed as quickly as possible following order fulfillment.
- Ultimately, billing must be moved to a weekly cycle for rental only orders. The PA will have to manage the complexity of different billing cycles for rental, lease and jobs with effort.
- Order entry & order entry troubleshooting.
- When required, be the liaison with production to solve issues for customers. Escalate when we are not able to provide a promise date to our customer.
- Assist the sales team on troubleshooting customer orders. Maintain project schedules and react quickly to schedule changes. Always maintain a high level of communication with the logistics team, to allow them to react quickly to cancel or book additional trucks.
- Troubleshoot customer issues over the phone. Use company computer systems to analyze the customer’s situation. Be well versed to offer product alternatives to solve customer issues.
- Have knowledge of open jobs to recommend preferred job to job movements.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Obtain a robust understanding of the product the company manufactures and distributes.
- Participate in cross-functional projects as requested by management.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Complies with and is an advocate of the company’s Environmental Policy and Procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Ability to maintain tight project schedules with a high rate of change.
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Advocate for continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Has "thick skin" and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Strong independent decision making and analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail and strong communication/listening skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in a customer service/support required (not call/contact center), manufacturing company preferred.
- Process improvement or lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft NAV preferred.
- Experience with multiline telephones and personal computers helpful.
- Experience with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office preferred.
Sterling Site Access Solutions is a EEO/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Process Improvements (Business)
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail